FS: Lampucera 24/96 DAC SOLD!

walkern

FS: Lampucera 24/96 DAC SOLD!
« on: 21 Dec 2011, 03:28 pm »
THIS ITEM is SOLD! 

This DAC is based on the work of the Lampizator and was built (and modded) by Ted Wilson over at DIY Audio.  It uses the 24/96 board (not the later 24/192, which some folks thought didn't sound as good) and is built into a compact cigar box.  The mods are in accordance with those recommended on the Lampizator site, and replacement caps on the board are Oscons.  The output is direct off the DAC chips (no op amp in the output) and DC is blocked by Wima coupling caps soldered directly to the output RCA jacks.  The Lapizator suggested that output transformers could improve the sound of the Lampucera and eliminate the need for output coupling caps, but I did not have Ted go that far with this unit. Is has only the SPDIF coax input connected (the board also included a Toslink Optical in though)... and has a 3 pin IEC jack for use with the power cord of your choice.

Parts costs were somewhere in the neighborhood of $200 (including shipping of the board from China, the cigar box, various connectors, etc), and I am asking $100 plus shipping.  Unit sounds wonderful with everything from red book CD on up to hi rez 24/96 files.  I have only used WAV and Flac file formats, so not really sure about what else it may be willing to decode.  Any questions, please feel free to P.M. me.

Link to more general info: http://lampizator.eu/LAMPIZATOR/LAMPUCERA/CD%20DAC%20Lampucera%20lampizator.html

« Last Edit: 22 Dec 2011, 01:22 pm by walkern »

pwag

Re: FS: Lampucera 24/96 DAC
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2011, 03:45 pm »
PM sent