Trackpad/keyboard app for MacBook media server

DS-21

Trackpad/keyboard app for MacBook media server
« on: 18 Dec 2011, 08:22 pm »
A backlight problem on my old MacBook required me to buy a new one, so I've repurposed my old one (a 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM mid-2007 Core2Duo, connected via FireWire to a 3TB RAID array that holds my losslessly-encoded music library, and connected to the rest of my system via optical digital out for audio and a miniDVI-HDMI adapter for 1080p video) as a media server.

With a clean install of Lion, the only performance issue I've had so far was keeping it awake with the lid shut. InsomniaX 2.0 seems to have fixed that. (Though I'd also love to have it go to sleep and only wake when the appleTV goes on or when I want to connect to it from my new MacBook. "Wake on ethernet" doesn't seem to do that.)

However, to do anything beyond play music (which I can control with my Evo, my GF's iPhone, and if need be our aTV), such as watch the Daily Show feed over the internet, I need to screen-share (or otherwise log into) the media server with either my or my GF's MacBook. That is cumbersome and annoying.

Phone control (keyboard/mouse) would be ideal. Does anyone know of a good iOS app that works as a keyboard and trackpad for a MacBook running Lion?

[edit: no Android apps wanted, because my iPhone 4S got here faster than expected.)
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2011, 12:19 am by DS-21 »