Are Hi-Rez and Vinyl Folks just wannabes?

Pez

Are Hi-Rez and Vinyl Folks just wannabes?
« on: 8 Dec 2011, 11:31 pm »

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Re: Are Hi-Rez and Vinyl Folks just wannabes?
« Reply #1 on: 8 Dec 2011, 11:55 pm »
Cylinders, baby! 

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #2 on: 9 Dec 2011, 12:17 am »
Didn't realize ole Tom toked like that!!  That stuff was nasty; he's actually only 25 yrs old in the picture.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #3 on: 9 Dec 2011, 12:45 am »
Cylinders, baby!
It's all in the Direct to Disc! None of that master tape, no bits, no mastering engineers to screw with the mix. Just music to wax! 

SET Man

« Reply #4 on: 9 Dec 2011, 01:43 am »
It's all in the Direct to Disc! None of that master tape, no bits, no mastering engineers to screw with the mix. Just music to wax!

Hey!

True. Electrical recording started in 1925, anything before used the direct to disc or cylinder acoustical recording process.

If any of you so called audiophile here have never heard acoustically process recording disc play on acoustical playback machine I encourage you to seek out one to hear. It is quite an experience, the feel of directness is there and it will give you a whole new perspective in the sound reproduction past and present.  And believe it or not it is actually very enjoyable in it own kind of way  :D

BTW... what the heck with this "Hi-Rez..." going on around the AC circles?  :scratch:

Take care,
Buddy  :thumb:

cheap-Jack

« Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2011, 03:12 pm »
Hi.
... It is quite an experience, ...  And believe it or not it is actually very enjoyable in it own kind of way.. 

I listened to some old old songs recorded in wax cylinders via my PC & frankly I was not impressed at all - being too too L0-Fi despite I am a sorta kinda antique radios collector.

Surely I am not going to spend a bundle to own a waxed cylinder gramophone for its look. My bottom line for my collection is all my old radios must be working & upgradable to sound at least acceptable. The sound of those waxed cylinders did sound unacceptable to my picky ears.

c-J

Mike Nomad

« Reply #6 on: 12 Dec 2011, 07:00 pm »
~
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2014, 09:27 pm by Mike Nomad »