Tim Tebow

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: Tim Tebow
« Reply #80 on: 18 Dec 2011, 01:56 pm »
See if you can square this logic. In their power rankings, Sports Illustrated (SI.com) ranks the Broncos #9 overall but lists them as #21 on offense and #22 on defense.

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #81 on: 18 Dec 2011, 02:08 pm »
See if you can square this logic. In their power rankings, Sports Illustrated (SI.com) ranks the Broncos #9 overall but lists them as #21 on offense and #22 on defense.

Tebow magic!!

BTW, last year the Chargers were ranked first in offense and defense...you saw what that meant!!   :lol: :lol:

George

djbnh

« Reply #82 on: 18 Dec 2011, 02:15 pm »
I'm a diehard Pats fan. However, I appreciate what Denver including Mr. Tebow have been doing. I strongly feel Fox should let Tebow pass with some regularity from the start of the game (instead of Tebow being forced to pass in the 4th quarter because Denver's usually behind then) - Tebow had great numbers as a SEC passer (look at the records he holds; the Pats Hernandez could talk about what Tebow did at Florida, Peyton-esque), and lately has shown more growth in the pro passing game. Brady has had his share of crappy, missed throws this year, more than I care to remember.

The Pats secondary remains suspect, 'nuff said. Pats LBs and line will have their collective hands full with the Denver runnning game including Mr. Tebow; the running game may lead to increased Denver time of possession, which leaves less time for the Pats offense to do their thing. I look to the Pats offense to feel the pressure to try to get up early on Denver, which may lead to Brady continuing in spots to try to force the ball. Gronkowski - let's have a big day, again.

Has the makings for an interesting game. Pats historically have issues w/Denver, and the game being played at Mile High doesn't help matters. If the Pats can win in convincing fashion, I'll feel quite a bit better about them being able to do something in the playoffs. However, the Pats defense stopping anyone has been woefully problematic this year, so a close game going into the 4th quarter has got to favor Denver.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #83 on: 18 Dec 2011, 02:43 pm »
Maybe of interest to someone here:
The Broncos have just made a FREE phone app available for iPhone and Droid owners. I just downloaded it but have only just begun to look through it. They are saying that this is new for the Patriots game and that it will give access anywhere in the world to what is going on behind the scenes and on the field. I'm not clear on all of this but apparently it also provides radio play by play call but no live video.

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #84 on: 18 Dec 2011, 02:53 pm »
The question will be - "Can Tom throw for more TDs than Tebow can run for?"

Last team with ball may win.

Pats are 1-5 in last 6 trips to Denver, and that was often with a GOOD Pats defense.

Denver may have 3 rookie DBs playing at once, if Tom picks them apart for points early, Denver will not be able to comeback. If Denver starts out strong, it will be a long afternoon for my Pats.

Damn Philly station carrying Eagles/Jets  :duh:

cujobob

« Reply #85 on: 18 Dec 2011, 03:45 pm »

They have won several games by their special teams, most notably their kicker. That isn't all that uncommon... They're won a bunch of close games that could have gone either way.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #86 on: 18 Dec 2011, 04:07 pm »
I guess you're right. Parenthetically, Denver is the only Division Leader to give up more points than they scored. PF=269 and PA=302.
They really are a mediocre team. This whole Tebow phenomena feels like a bubble. When will the luck run out? Would you give up on the NFL if the Broncos somehow stumbled and bumbled and benefited their way to a Super Bowl win? I think I would. At that point it starts to look like a lottery.

drab

« Reply #87 on: 18 Dec 2011, 04:25 pm »
Would you prefer that the Superbowl winner be declared by an amalgamation of sportswriters, statistics, coaches and computers based solely on the regular season so as not to leave it up to "chance" in the playoffs? There already have been several Superbowl winners that couldn't even win their division. Does that soil the process? Did you give up on the NFL when that happened?

If the Broncos win out through the playoffs it will be because they are good and the naysayers are wrong. Not that they are lucky and they suck. :thumb:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #88 on: 18 Dec 2011, 05:28 pm »
Well, drab - I would prefer that the team who takes it al does so on the strength of solid, consistant play rather than luck, officiating errors, publicity guidelines, prayer fantasies, etc.
I'm old fashioned apparently because I like to see finesse and skill. I like to think that the manner in which you win matters.
I wasn't trying to indicate that I think Denver sucks - they are my team, after all - but I've watched every game for many years now and what I'm seeing lately, despite the delight I take in not watching my team fall apart after the bye, is disappointing in that it is cobbled together and so dependent on gifts from the other team's injuries and mistakes. Sure, a win is a win but actually outplaying the other guys is as important to me as seeing a serendipitous W.

sts9fan

« Reply #89 on: 18 Dec 2011, 05:34 pm »
I think thier luck/skill runs out today VS the Pats.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #90 on: 18 Dec 2011, 05:56 pm »
I feel that way too, Kris. But the contradictions are many and convincing.
First off, the Broncos have always had the Pat's number. Secondly, the secondary of the Patriot's might be porous enough for a passer as average as Tebow to carve them up. And thirdly, it's at Mile High, although the Broncos haven't done especially well at home.

The other side of the coin is how could the Bronkies begin to cover Welker and those two tight ends? Likewise, I don't see old conservative John Fox beating the Hoodie in any area of strategy. They both have excellent kickers.

I'm really excited to see what happens today.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #91 on: 18 Dec 2011, 06:00 pm »
  Hey ya never know the outcome as turnovers can beat the best. Should be a great game to watch. Enjoy it !!!

charles

jimdgoulding

« Reply #92 on: 18 Dec 2011, 08:25 pm »
Yep, you can count me amongst popcorn eatin football nerds sittin in front of the tube for this one. 

Zero

« Reply #93 on: 18 Dec 2011, 08:40 pm »
Ditto.  I may not tune into the game until the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter - since that is when the magic seems to happen. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #94 on: 18 Dec 2011, 08:48 pm »
Ditto.  I may not tune into the game until the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter - since that is when the magic seems to happen.
The word on ESPN is that John Fox is gonna try and take the lead for a change.  Sounds good to me.  We shall see.

(later) Man, that was a spectacular drive by Denver on their first possession!  The Pats don't have a good defense.  That bodes well for Denver who does.  Brady just completed a TD pass to Chad O.  An 80 yard drive that wasn't supposed to happen.  Except that the Pats have BB coaching them.

Broncos Agin!  With Tebow throwing!  Man, the Pats D is really bad.

cujobob

« Reply #95 on: 18 Dec 2011, 09:50 pm »
Anyone see the game ORTON had?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #96 on: 18 Dec 2011, 10:33 pm »
Could be that Tebow is gonna need that 4th quarter magic now.  Pats lead.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #97 on: 18 Dec 2011, 10:44 pm »
Jim....I can't get the game because Philly is home so I have to watch Jets/Eagles when I'd rather watch Broncos/Patriots so keep us updated if you'd be so kind!!!
 Go Tebow!!!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #98 on: 18 Dec 2011, 11:00 pm »
Go Eagles.  Denver's bubble is bursting large.  You'll see at half time.  Tebow has begun missing throws since the first quarter and NE has scored 20 points in a row for a healthy lead.  27-16, NE, at the half.  Denver turned the ball over 3 times.

Pittsburg is in the playoffs with the Titans defeat.  Works for me. 

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #99 on: 18 Dec 2011, 11:22 pm »
If Philly gets in first of all they don't deserve to be there and on the flip side they do because everybody else just blew up here at the end.........WTF....I'll root for Pittsburgh even if the Eagles get in I think, the birds do the same thing the Giants did today, not get off the bus!!! It amazes me how teams just don't click at all, it happened in music but on a much smaller scale.....a couple five of us couldn't sync up but a whole football team....amazing.....