Tim Tebow

macrojack

• Restricted
Re: Tim Tebow
« Reply #120 on: 25 Dec 2011, 02:16 pm »
I just learned that a Raider loss or a Bronco win in week 17 puts Denver in the playoffs. Can't wait to see Tebow magic against the Steel Curtain. Should be a hoot. Polamalu gets 3 INTs and James Harrison gets fined three Hail Mary's and an Act of Contrition for making Timmy see god and stars in one hit.
Ole Phil Lip Rivers is going to kill the Raiders and Orton is going to embarrass the Bronkies as they slide into winning their Division through the back door.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #121 on: 25 Dec 2011, 02:44 pm »
You funny :thumb:.  I agree, no way that I can see Denver getting deep into the post season.  I like Romeo's KC turnaround.  Cracks me up when the big fella smiles.  Orton does have some incentive, I would think, but, I'll stick with Denver, this time.     

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #122 on: 25 Dec 2011, 04:08 pm »
I don't know if you've noticed but most of Tebow's few completions involve a very acrobatic catch by his receiver. He is horribly inaccurate. This, of course, results in a few lucky, on the money throws, but usually a ridiculous miss or, lately, an interception.

As John Lennon said, "The dream is over". I'm not sure he had Tebow in mind but the sentiment seems to apply. A phrase that might work better is "flash in the pan". I think that term originated from photography but it works well enough to characterize the rise and fall we are witnessing.

Who do you see in the SB?

cujobob

« Reply #123 on: 25 Dec 2011, 05:26 pm »
Tebow played poorly in a terrible loss but that doesn't necessarily mean he's done.

As for his comments...I watched some of them...somehow he comes off as very unintelligent to me. You'd think with all the press he gets he'd seem less...dull, during interviews.

jackman

« Reply #124 on: 25 Dec 2011, 05:37 pm »
Tebow played poorly in a terrible loss but that doesn't necessarily mean he's done.

As for his comments...I watched some of them...somehow he comes off as very unintelligent to me. You'd think with all the press he gets he'd seem less...dull, during interviews.

I agree Cujo. One bad loss doesn't mean the end for Tebow.  A ball control offense has big problems when they get down by a couple TD's.  Either way, Tebow looked like a young inexperienced QB.

He comes across as a bit simple during interviews but it appears to be nervousness.  I don't read too much into it, Michael Vick doesn't sound like Einstein but he's a pretty good QB.  Lots of people used to say the same thing about Bradshaw but I Would have loved to see him in a Bears uniform.

Too bad Philly dug such a big hole and will miss the post season. They are playing some good ball and would easily handle several teams who will be in the playoffs.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #125 on: 25 Dec 2011, 06:46 pm »
Two consecutive bad losses doesn't mean the end of Tebow either. Not even the third one next weekend will kill the hope that many hold for their messiah. Only after he has shown everyone that the professional evaluators were right from the start will the fantasy begin to fade.
The Broncos are in for a long run of mediocrity or worse.

So cherish this years ascendancy up through the back door to a division championship. It will be the last for at least 5 years. San Diego has serious house cleaning coming and KC and Oakland are not too much further along than the Broncos in the area of reassembly but they both appear to have better coaching than Denver. Does anyone think Elway will turn out to be a good GM?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #126 on: 25 Dec 2011, 07:05 pm »

Me, too.  Like a big kid.  And one not from the city.

Macrobiotics-  New England and the Bay boys, I suppose, if some team doesn't injure Brady.  I'll keep an eye out for San Francisco, at least they play outdoors, which New Orleans doesn't, and don't think the Cowboys are contenders.  We'll see next week.  Poor Jerry Jones.  Anyone see some shots of him up in his suite during the Eagles game?  Dude was livid.  Houston should have gotten a veteren QB.

jackman

« Reply #127 on: 25 Dec 2011, 07:33 pm »
Seeing Jones fuming is almost better than watching the Cowgirls stinking up the field. 

jimdgoulding

« Reply #128 on: 25 Dec 2011, 08:07 pm »
Oh heck, I forgot about Detroit.  Sure was impressed with their play yesterday.  They play San Fran this coming weekend don't they?  THAT game oughtta have some electricity! 

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #129 on: 28 Dec 2011, 06:52 pm »
Lions at Lambeau on Sunday, January 1st, 1012 at 11:00 A.M. Mountain Standard Time.

San Francisco is playing the Lambs. N.O. is playing Cam Newton.

Tebow fans - now would be a good time to start working on your excuses. You will need Phil Lip Rivers to win your division for you.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #130 on: 29 Dec 2011, 08:49 pm »
Macromeister- I'm changing my pick Denver vs. KC.  I'm takin KC!  Feel pretty strongly about it now.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #131 on: 9 Jan 2012, 01:19 am »
Now who Da man!!!.

That last pass from Mr. Tim Tebow to #88 to win the game against Pittsburgh this afternoon was probably the very best pass he threw this year.

Way to go Tim Tebow!!! You are Da MAN!!!

Cheers
                                                         Charlie

GEEZEEE!!!

Who would of thunk it!!!!!!!!!!

jackman

« Reply #132 on: 9 Jan 2012, 01:31 am »
Lions at Lambeau on Sunday, January 1st, 1012 at 11:00 A.M. Mountain Standard Time.

San Francisco is playing the Lambs. N.O. is playing Cam Newton.

Tebow fans - now would be a good time to start working on your excuses. You will need Phil Lip Rivers to win your division for you.

310 yards passing, 50 yards rushing, 2 passing TD's (including game winner), 1 rushing TD, no turnovers in the biggest game of his career...against one of the best defenses in the game.  Not bad for a guy who "can't play QB".   Overtime record for longest reception in playoff overtime history. :thumb:

jackman

« Reply #133 on: 9 Jan 2012, 01:31 am »
nt

jimdgoulding

« Reply #134 on: 9 Jan 2012, 01:32 am »
 :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Geardaddy

« Reply #135 on: 9 Jan 2012, 03:12 am »
What a splendid finish....

pansixt

« Reply #136 on: 9 Jan 2012, 03:16 am »
 8) 8) 8) :thumb:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #137 on: 9 Jan 2012, 11:55 am »
Tebow has his halo back for now. I have my fingers crossed once again. Josh McDaniels looks pretty smart today.

Jackman - What I predicted came to pass -- the Broncos lost to KC and Phil Lip Rivers rescued them by beating the Raiders. If the Chargers had lost that game, Denver would have been watching the playoffs just like me and you. And don't forget that Demarius Thomas caught Tebow's pass and outfought and outran a couple of Steelers to take it home. Tebow delivered the ball but Thomas delivered the win.

jackman

« Reply #138 on: 9 Jan 2012, 12:12 pm »
Macro, that's how it always happens. It was a great catch and throw by both players. Pittsburgh was fooled because they were expecting a run on that last play. It was a great play call by Denver.

I was just saying that whenever Tebow has a great game or great series to win a game everyone finds reasons to not give him credit. When he has a bad game the same people have no trouble assessing blame.

I'd like to see this guy with an offense tailored to his strengths and limitations as a QB. I think he could be a winner someday.

cujobob

« Reply #139 on: 9 Jan 2012, 03:03 pm »
His offense is tailored to his strengths. The fact nfl teams aren't used to seeing it works in his favor heavily right now.