Tim Tebow

jimdgoulding

Re: Tim Tebow
« Reply #100 on: 18 Dec 2011, 11:35 pm »
NE scores again and makes it look easy.  Denver is assisting with penalties on the drive.

jackman

« Reply #101 on: 18 Dec 2011, 11:39 pm »
Hey guys, looks like Denver is going to need some serious mojo to pull this one out.  Pats are scoring at will.  This rub was fun but the Pats are exposing some gaps on both sides of the ball for Denver.

I was at the Giants game today. Froze my butt watching some bad football for the Giants. At least it made me miss that bad Bears performance. Whew...

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #102 on: 19 Dec 2011, 12:04 am »
Jackman--Cold butt freezing weather = stay home with HDTV!!!!
 I have never done a game in freezing temps and at 53 I'll just stick with my TV, Bathroom, Cigarettes, Pepsi for pennies instead of millions and a good homemade Cheeseburger!!!!   Dinner time...LOL :thumb:

jackman

« Reply #103 on: 19 Dec 2011, 12:16 am »
Jackman--Cold butt freezing weather = stay home with HDTV!!!!
 I have never done a game in freezing temps and at 53 I'll just stick with my TV, Bathroom, Cigarettes, Pepsi for pennies instead of millions and a good homemade Cheeseburger!!!!   Dinner time...LOL :thumb:

Believe me, I would have rather been at home watching in the man-cave.  Every year I take one of my clients who is a big Giants fan to a game. I had warm clothes but the wrong shoes!  My feet were barking by the second quarter.  Giants played poorly and Sexy Rexy looked pretty decent at QB.

Cheers!

J

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #104 on: 19 Dec 2011, 12:32 am »
Clients...now I understand.... Tebow had an awesome run of wins, games, life in general.....if he never does a thing after this he will always be remembered for these past weeks. Hats off to him and the Bronco's!!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #105 on: 19 Dec 2011, 12:38 am »
The Bow acquitted himself well today running and passing except in the 4th quarter where we've come to expect it.  In fact, he had one real bonehead play that's gonna give rise to the guys that say he is weak at the position.  Brady was flat out a class act.  Denver's defense just couldn't hang with the Pats' offense.  I think they were out-coached is why. The Pats had way more time of possession.

Skip Bayless is gonna get chewed up by Stephen A. Smith in the morning on ESPN.  I'll have some Post Toasties in front of me for it.  Should be a riot.

bummrush

« Reply #106 on: 19 Dec 2011, 12:55 am »
Great game to watch you sure can't say he didn't try.

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #107 on: 19 Dec 2011, 02:08 am »
Denver had a good game plan, take away what the opponent likes to do. You hardly heard Welkers name, and Gronkowski was a non-factor.

So the other TE had a career day, and Ochocinco caught his first TD since last November.

Once Denver had to play from behind, and Tebow HAD TO PASS, it was all over.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #108 on: 19 Dec 2011, 02:26 am »
Denver is now a long shot for the playoffs. Orton will knock them out of contention in their final game.
If all four teams in the AFC West finish 8-8, then KC wins the division. Weird, huh?

fredgarvin

« Reply #109 on: 19 Dec 2011, 05:05 pm »
The Pack got Orton'd. Was it a miracle?

pslate

« Reply #110 on: 19 Dec 2011, 06:08 pm »
This game was a good gut check for young Tebow. He saw what a truly elite quarterback can do. He did give the Pats a good scare in the first quarter too. As a life long Pats fan I was worried about this game, I ended up leaving the Bears game live in the third quarter to watch it. It turned out to be a good decision  8) Tebow in general is just fun to watch, playing with true heart. Even though very different offenses, his option, reminded me of our high school football team that ran the wishbone. Gritty, elemental football. Even as a Pats fan I will definitely tune in to watch Tebow, just for the energy he brings to the game.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #111 on: 19 Dec 2011, 06:21 pm »
Orton is a much better QB than most people realize. He's not amongst the elites but he is better than what several NFL teams have for a starter. I predict he will supplant Cassell as the starter in KC.

Is it conceivable that the Packers tanked that game? After all, KC hasn't been able to stop anybody else and no-one else has held the Packers to so few points.
By losing this one, the Pack silences the media concerning the perfect season without doing any harm to their standings. KC is outside their division and their conference.

Now they play Chicago and Detroit without all the perfection distractions. And then its playoff time with every game in Lambeau.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #112 on: 19 Dec 2011, 07:03 pm »
Anybody see SNL's skit on Tebow?  Hilarious, and right on the money!

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #113 on: 19 Dec 2011, 07:23 pm »
That skit was very funny indeed.

Tebow didn't look to bad out there, very elusive in the backfield and that might keep him around awhile.  I still can't imagine my franchise QB exposing himself to so many hits though.  If and when he gets injured where to you go?

At one point I swear he threw the same pass3 or 4 times and I kept wonder can he through to the right side of the field.  The Patriots gave up a lot of easy underneath stuff on simple timing route and could have been disrupting with by jamming the receivers at the line.

Love is running ability but he throws an ugly ball.

djbnh

« Reply #114 on: 19 Dec 2011, 10:39 pm »
Pats did a great job, once they made adjustments on defense, of smacking Tebow every chance they could. And yep, Denver had a great, clean hit on Brady.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #115 on: 24 Dec 2011, 07:25 pm »
Should John Fox be coaching in the NFL? Would you want him coaching your team?

Personally, I can't wait until Denver wises up and ships his ass out. The Broncos fired their coach after finishing 31st in the league last year and responded by hiring the guy who guided the only team that was worse. After so many years of watching Dan Reeves conservative failures, I'm in no mood to tolerate a constipated clot like Fox.

So far Elway is shaping up to be Denver's very own Matt Millen. I need a new team.

drab

« Reply #116 on: 24 Dec 2011, 08:49 pm »
Back to back pick sixes from Tebow. Elway should never have given him a vote of confidence.  :duh:  :lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #117 on: 25 Dec 2011, 06:09 am »
Denver's D has been good.  Wha happened today!  What was it . . like 40 points they gave up?  All the gas is out of the Tebow balloon now, but he'll get another chance.  After Denver's loss last week, Steven A. Smith was mysteriously absent from ESPN's First Take on Monday and the rest of the week.  We was robbed!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #118 on: 25 Dec 2011, 11:52 am »
I really admired Tim Tebow's comments after their loss today.  The guy was down to earth and plain and just so freakin positive!  I think they win the last game against Kansas City.  I think the team will be up for it and ready to play.  That Tebow is all contagious positive energy and those losses today and last week are already behind the the team collectively.  The boy showed me in that interview that he DOES have leadership skills.  So, that's what I'm predicting.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #119 on: 25 Dec 2011, 01:36 pm »
Jim - Keep in mind that Tebow never outplayed Orton. He did succeed briefly where Orton did not but a lot of that came to him in lucky breaks and a defensive uprising that no-one saw coming from the Broncos.
I think KC has a better team, a better coach and a better QB. Nonetheless, the game could go either way now that Jesus is no longer going to be distracted by all his Christmas duties.
The Patriots showed everybody how to stop Tebow and the lowly Bills seem to have gotten the message. Plus, I've seen KC play many times and I know for sure that some of those guys pray too.
Fact is that somebody, deserving or not, is going to win the AFC West and play ONE playoff game, one and out, probably against Pburgh, unless Flacco finds a way to blow their last game. If that happens, then the AFC West champ can go one and done against the Ravens. Either way, it's a dead end. Rah! Rah!