VMPS, Wyred4Sound, Ampzilla, and Wywires in Vegas for THE SHOW Jan 10-13

John Casler

Singer-songwriter Noel Paul Stookey
« Reply #20 on: 26 Dec 2011, 03:49 pm »
Singer-songwriter Noel Paul Stookey - “Paul” in the folk-legend trio, Peter, Paul and Mary. 

At their debut in the 1960’s, the group became an iconic symbol of a “changing” social, cultural and political movement. Few, at the time could have realized how fervently and pervasively the group’s message of humanity, hope and activism would be embraced and would endure today.

Now a notable solo artist Noel performs LIVE at T.H.E. Show Las Vegas.  A full concert will be presented in the Red Rock Ballroom (Executive Conference Center at the Flamingo Hotel) Wednesday, January 11, 2012 at 6PM. 

Paul will also make cameo appearances during the Opening Night Reception, Tues, Jan 10th and at VMPS’s Live-vs-Recorded Exhibit in the Lake Mead Ballroom on both Tuesday and Wednesday.   Presented by PBN Audio; Cary Audio and T.H.E. Show!

John Casler

Dr. Hagia E. Pastor
« Reply #21 on: 26 Dec 2011, 03:52 pm »
Dr. Hagia E. Pastor, based in Switzerland, but originally from Russia, is an established name in much of Europe. 

Her recent appearances at the Bayreuth Festival, the Endenicher Festival in Bonn and the French Cathedral in Berlin left audiences stunned, as Dr. Pastor interpreted Chopin, Schumann, Liszt, Brahms and Mendelssohn so eloquently and so beautifully on the keyboard.

Exclusively appearing IN PERSON at the Opening Night Reception at T.H.E. Show Las Vegas - Red Rock Ballroom, in the Executive Conference Center at the famous Flamingo Hotel.  6PM start.  Dr. Pastor takes over the Reception at 7:30PM.  She will also make cameo performances in the VMPS Live-vs-Recorded demonstration in the Lake Mead Ballroom afternoons, at T.H.E. SHOW.   Presented by ZenSati!

T.H.E. SHOW LAS VEGAS, PROUDLY INTRODUCES:

Christine Granatella has been singing blues and jazz for two decades, impressing audiences throughout the Midwest US and Europe.  She has been the featured vocalist for many concerts, including those with Pat Boone, Florence Henderson and has also sung for President Clinton.  Currently teaching piano, voice, theory and composition, T.H.E. Show is pleased she has taken time out of her busy schedule to debut on the West Coast at T.H.E. Show Las Vegas.

Christine will appear LIVE, with Noah Harmon at the Opening Night Reception at T.H.E. Show: 6PM - 7:30PM, Red Rock Ballroom in the Executive Conference Center at the historic Flamingo Hotel.  Presented by Stillpoints,  Exemplar Audio and T.H.E. Show.

Noah Harmon knew, from age 4 that music was his life.  Early on, studying under the tutelage of Canadian pianist Dr. Michael Kim, Noah went on to excel in both classical and jazz piano.  He has appeared with bands “The Electric company” and “Bloodhawk” and currently entertains along with the Latin group “Salsa Manzana”.  Known extensively throughout the central United States, T.H.E. Show welcomes Noah to the big-time! Mr. Harmon will also be appearing, along with Ms. Granatella in the Lake Mead Ballroom during afternoons at the VMPS Live-vs-recorded demo.  Presented by Stillpoints, Exemplar Audio and T.H.E. Show!

John Casler

Live - vs - Recorded
Always A Hit During CES & T.H.E. Show
Enjoy actual, live recording sessions
and INSTANT playback!

All Convention Days:
1PM until 6PM
Tues - Friday; Jan 10th thru Jan 13th

IN THE LAKE MEAD BALLROOM
MAIN FLOOR OF T.H.E. SHOW
-
Executive Conference Center - Flamingo Hotel

FEATURING:

Noah Harmon, Christine Granatella, Dr. Hagia Pastor
And (Tuesday and Wednesday only): Noah Paul Stookey
From Peter, Paul and Mary

Also: an annual T.H.E. Show Tradition:
Merv Harding and His All-Star Quartet.

Sponsored by:
VMPS; Ampzilla; WyWires; Wyred4Sound; Stillpoints; Exemplar; PBN Audio; Cary Audio and T.H.E. Show -

John Casler

RECORDING CHAIN UPDATE:

Just received the following update regarding the recording chain from James Harger:

John,
    I just took possession of a Grace Lunatec V3 M/S 2 channel mic pre-amp with A/D converter which I'll be using for our recording sessions.

See you at The Flamingo,
      James Harger

John Casler

Housteau

That Lunatec V3 is a beauty.  They should not have discontinued it. 

I am all packed  and ready for my flight tomorrow morning.  My recording gear is very limited to what I feel I can comfortably bring on the flight with me.  Even limited I will have purest two channel DSD capability as well as high resolution multitrack WAV.  James is bringing plenty of mics and stands so we should be able to cover just about anything.  However, I am hoping that very simple two track stereo recording will work really well as it did in 2010.  I think that is really the only correct way to do a true Live vs Recorded demo.  In this way the mics hear what the audience hears.  The downside is that it may not be the absolute best recordings possible of the event, greatly depending on how the musicians and vocalists are set up.  So, I may do both if I am able, do a purest two track recording for the demo and also record extra tracks with solo mics for mixing later at home. 

John Casler

THE Show Press Release
« Reply #26 on: 8 Jan 2012, 12:45 am »
Press Release

Live versus Recorded efforts yield improved RM50 Dual Line Source Bipole Speaker  from VMPS, presenting the “Series II”.

You are invited to attend/witness the unveiling of the new RM50 Dual Line Source Series II Bipole and hear our “live versus VMPS” demo at THE Show in Las Vegas January 10-13.

El Sobrante, CA, Jan 6, 2012:  Please join us for the unveiling of our upgraded Series II design, of the RM50 Dual Line Source Bipole.  It is the result of our commitment to “Live versus VMPS” presentations each year.  It is of a UNIQUE design we call “Dual Line Source Bipole” that to our ears reproduces the recorded event as accurately as has ever been. We will have “live versus recorded” demonstrations all four days with solo piano, voice, winds, string bass, percussion, guitar, bass drum.   (Special Guest Stars will perform)

PLEASE JOIN US

Where: THE Home Entertainment Show, Flamingo Hotel, Lake Mead Ballroom

When: January 10, 11, 12, and 13  from 10:00am 

Additional Info:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.phptopic=100818.msg1017738#msg1017738

More information on the RM50 Dual Line Source Bipole SERIES II here

John Casler

The VMPS Series II RM 50 Bipolar Ribbon Array

A state of the art loudspeaker should be a full-range system that can reproduce a big ensemble of players and singers in a large space for a substantial audience without strain or distortion.  Ideally it would have high output levels, no colorations whatsoever, properly reproduce the width and depth of the live soundstage, be perfectly flat from 20Hz to 40kHz, and adjust to its environment and associated equipment via easy-to-use controls.  It should be large, sturdy, handle lots of power (1000W +), have high (92 db/1W/1M or better) sensitivity, and be a stable, inert platform for its transducers both ribbon and dynamic.  Price should be with reach of most audiophiles, and the speaker should look good.  The Series II RM50 is all this.

We encourage all music lovers, if they can, to consider it, even if they have a smallish or untreated room (the controller can compensate for that).  The RM50 accommodates all musical tastes, from classical ensemble to headbanging rock, and everything in between.  Given the right sources and program material, the RM50 should please just about every music lover on the planet.

The Series II comes standard with your choice of outboard analog passive crossover or line level digital controller/crossover, the latter permitting an infinite variety of characteristics and EQ’s.  The user can program the spare EQ bands for “warm”, “lean” or any tonal balance in between with a spin of the dial.  Factory settings are a starting point.  For example, they include a cut at the floor to ceiling room resonance mode (71 Hz for an 8ft ceiling, 63Hz for a 9ft ceiling, 56Hz for a 10ft ceiling and so on).  You control how much cut you want.  This is the only way to eliminate the one major room mode that does not respond to speaker or listening position changes.  Room treatment (even bass traps,  although helpful in other ways) doesn’t do the job here either.

The Series II RM50 is a bipole, which is the only speaker radiation pattern capable of replicating the two primary dispersion patterns of live sources, omnidirectional and cardioid.  Our patented constant directivity waveguides on mid and tweeter lines make for a 180 degree “sweet spot”. A new side-firing 15” passive radiator expands soundstage well past the plane of the speakers, with excellent front to back depth and broad vertical dispersion.  Dual 12” Kevlar/paper cone woofers each with 600W voicecoils  are standard, as is the thunderous bass they provide..

The base model Series II  RM50 retails for $16,900pr in satin black (analog crossover or DSP controller included) with many available upgrades and options, such as superpremium capacitors, Bolder silver wiring, exotic veneers and finishes, modifications to the DCX controller to improve the signal throughpath,  single amp or biamp operation, and choice of impedances (4 to 16 Ohms) to best match your amplifiers.   System weight is 400lbs each.74”Hx15 ½”Wx20”D.  All prices plus shipping FOB Denver Co.

VMPS RIBBON, 3429 Morningside Dr El Sobrante Ca 94803 510-222-4276 www.vmpsaudio.com email vmpsaudio@aol.com  Made entirely in the USA.

John Casler

Pretty Sure I missed this report last year, but Teresa Goodwin from Positive Feeback Online placed the Live versus Recorded Demo among the best sound heard in Vegas.

LOOK HERE to get an idea of what you're in for this year.

John Casler

Leavin 4 Vegas

Try to get a report or two from THE Show if I can figure out the new computer.

:thumb:

C U There :lol:

JP78

Keep us all updated!

John Casler

Hey Guys,

Great show so far.

Taking TONS of picitures so will file a more complete report when I get back.

The New RM50 is STUNNING both in looks and performance.

And the LIVE versus RECORDED is the BEST I have ever heard.

More coming!

John Casler

Heres one of the new RM50 Series II.

John Casler

And another;

Will Post more in a show report.