HRx Recordings on Ebay

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
HRx Recordings on Ebay
« on: 22 Nov 2011, 01:44 pm »
I purchased three HRx recordings from someone in Canada.  Two of the recordings are brand new unopened.  The other is in mint condition.  Paid $27.96 for the new ones and $19.96 for the used one.  Items arrived in great condition.  Here is the link if anyone else is interested in purchasing any remaining HRx recordings from this seller.  BTW, the seller charged one shipping fee of $12.00 for all three items.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Music-/11233/i.html?_nkw=HRx&_catref=1&_sac=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m1538

Regards,

Randy

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Re: HRx Recordings on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: 22 Nov 2011, 03:07 pm »
Nearly $40 shipped! Are these good deals?  The one item I checked out was cheaper from HDtracks + no shipping.

rklein

« Reply #2 on: 22 Nov 2011, 03:31 pm »
Nearly $40 shipped! Are these good deals?  The one item I checked out was cheaper from HDtracks + no shipping.

Not sure we are talking about the same thing.  First off, HRx Recordings have nothing to do with HDTracks.  Secondly, the HRx recordings that I purchased, sells for $45 each, making the total $135.00. (see below link)  I paid a total of $80.29 for all three recordings which includes shipping.

http://www.referencerecordings.com/HRxORDER.asp

I'm a simple guy, but to me, this represents a pretty good deal.

Just trying to pass info on to fellow AC'ers... 8)

Regards,

Randy

S Clark

« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2011, 03:55 pm »
I'm sure that the confusion is on me.  I had looked at the Reference Recording of Dick Hyman's "Thinking about Bix" offered by the ebay seller and compared it to the HDtracks price.  I didn't realize that the HRx recordings were quite so pricey.

rklein

« Reply #4 on: 22 Nov 2011, 04:08 pm »
Yep.  Unfortunately, the HRx recordings are up there in price.  :(  I did not purchase any until now.  I heard some HRx samples at Mike Galusha's and they were darn good!

Regards,

Randy

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #5 on: 22 Nov 2011, 04:47 pm »
The recordings at HDTracks from RR are downsampled versions of the HRx. If you want the original recording, the HRx are expensive, but the best I have heard of the RR library.

S Clark

« Reply #6 on: 22 Nov 2011, 05:24 pm »
That clears it up nicely. Thanks for the info.