Integrated amp suggestions for an HT3

Big Red Machine

Re: Integrated amp suggestions for an HT3
« Reply #20 on: 28 Nov 2011, 03:33 pm »
Might help if you have not seen this already:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?ramps&1256344255&&&/Odyssey-Audio-Stratos-Amplifier

Is there anyone here with a HT3 driven by ODYSSEY STRATOS amps ?
Would like to know how they are driven.

Thanks

HP

MaxCast

« Reply #21 on: 28 Nov 2011, 05:08 pm »
Is there anyone here with a HT3 driven by ODYSSEY STRATOS amps ?
Would like to know how they are driven.

Thanks

HP
I'm using an Odyssey stereo ex with my HT3s.  I think it sounds great.  However at elevated levels I could use more power.  A pair of sooped up monos would be nice  :P
Anything in particular you would like to know about the Stratos?

tabrink

• lake life is good
« Reply #22 on: 28 Nov 2011, 05:52 pm »
 :D
I owned the Anthem 225 and was very impressed with it. Now I am using a Virture Sensation 901 with Dodd buffer with excellent results.
My brother owns two and swears by his Vincent Hybrid Integrated's.
So many great choices now!
Best of luck in your quest.
Tom

luckyrolls

« Reply #23 on: 1 Dec 2011, 03:26 am »
I actually just got  990 and am thrilled with the performance with my SongTowers.  Also the price - I got it at Vann's for 1600 (you have to give them your email and they will send you that price).  No tax or shipping. 

However, my previous amplification was an old Panny XL45 so this should be quite a step up.     

I've really been wanting to find mothere comments on the Harman Kardon HK 990 integrated. The few reviews I read indicate it's top class and a very listenable piece of equipment. Seems like a little HK warmth might suit the HT3's. Also, HK has lowered the price.

http://www.harmankardon.com/EN-US/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?PID=HK%20990

Though if I had the money, an Accuphase E-460 would be in my sights.

jmc207

« Reply #24 on: 1 Dec 2011, 04:33 am »
Thanks for posting about the HK 990, that's a great price. Glad to hear it's sounding great with your Songtowers. Kalman Rubison just gave it a thumbs up in the latest Stereophile. Just googled for it and found a PDF here: http://www.eriksonconsumer.com/assets/support/lit/hk/hk_990_review.pdf

Srgtfury

« Reply #25 on: 5 Dec 2011, 08:23 am »
I just saw this and can offer my experience and a really great sounding receiver.  I have the had the Ht3's for a good while and used an Arcam AVR 600 receiver to power them.  I then, because of an outstanding price point, got a Halo A51.  While the use of the Arcam as a pre-pro. with the Halo was an upgrade, the AVR as a single box solution was excellent in my application-large room. 

Now, I have upgraditis again and am looking at the Lex MP-20, which hopefully is going to be here in 6 months.  I alos have an old Meridian 861 V2 and some DSP 6000's lying around that I may temporize with until the Lex surfaces.

Finally, my Arcam had some technical issues and my dealer just this week sent me a, New In Box replacement, which is still in the sealed box.  I am selling that piece, but haven't posted it anywhere yet.  At any rate, it is a great HT3 combo.

Thank you very much

Fury