Just finished all today, so I thought I'd wrap this up.
SLS and CS crossovers were on printed circuit board via AV123. RSs needed assembly. Long and skinny so it fits on floor of cabinet.
Crossover board ready for component mounting
Soldered and ready for hot melt glue
This shows wall cleat setup
Driver soldering, you can see crossover and No Rez
Giving them all a sound check and a little break-in before I crate them up to ship.
I hope it makes a nice addition to their home.
If I were doing over (and I might, I built another set along side these), I'd finish a little differently. I tried something I haven't done before; grain filling with a high build sealer as opposed to conventional grain filler. It worked OK, and is actually something I'll use in the future, but using both together would work better, I think.
My black faux inlays got kinda lost in the dark stain, so that was a step I could have ommited and used hardwood only. They would show up better with a lighter finish. Some day I want to try red inlays.
In any project I always learn something in the way of method or technique, which, for me, is how any craft is honed. Honestly, if I were to consider the time spent to build these, I don't know that I couldn't have purchased something completed for similar cost, but that's the world of DIY, I suppose. I get a warm fuzzy knowing that they're the only ones like this and my hands made them.
There's a saying I ran across some time ago. I can't attribute the author, but since this is partially how I make my living, I like it. "By hammer and hand all things do stand". I should also tip my hat to Danny, who over the years has honed his craft into something to be envied. If it weren't for his efforts, my skills would be diminished.
Enough of the philosophy. Success to all you speaker builders reading this!