N2Xs have arrived in St. Louis

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
Re: N2Xs have arrived in St. Louis
« Reply #20 on: 19 Nov 2011, 12:34 am »
I must say when I brought the breeze back to Ryan and he hooked it to that BMC amp in the front room...wow, only got to rock out to the breeze a little bit with that amp but it opened them up even further.  That little 6 inch woofer can go crazy low. 

I have to say I am a little set on a RAAL tweeter in whatever I get now after hearing the Breeze and the Cirrus.  Depending on what the "finished" price is you are talking about (skiing ninja 1k or 400 dollar kit) comparing the N2X to the breeze may not be fair.  If you are looking for a monitor for less that 2k heck even 3k you would be hard pressed to beat the Breeze.  I am going to give all these speaks another week then write a full write up on the three of them now that I have grown comfortable with all 3. 

Any music recommendations or requests for me to go through?

newzooreview

« Reply #21 on: 19 Nov 2011, 05:43 pm »
Can you listen to Ella and Louis? I find that their voices and Armstrong's trumpet can sound wonderful or abrasive depending on how the speakers handle the upper midrange and highs.

gooberdude

« Reply #22 on: 19 Nov 2011, 06:32 pm »
I'm saving up for a pair of Breeze's.  Cant afford Ryan's top of the line, but want the RAAL soon.

I've heard the Breeze in his bsmt room & also in a small upstairs bedroom, 2 very difft experiences but both were positive.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #23 on: 19 Nov 2011, 07:29 pm »
For the un-enlightened, what are Breeze and how much are they? 

sharpsuxx

« Reply #24 on: 19 Nov 2011, 07:32 pm »
The breeze are vapor audios entry level product.  More info can be found at vaporsound.com as farm as retail price and specs.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #25 on: 20 Nov 2011, 02:18 am »
Thanks!
I'll be interested to hear the comparison between the neo tweeter and the RAAL

roymail

• Roy in TX
« Reply #26 on: 20 Nov 2011, 05:10 am »
Has anyone compared the Vapors to the Fritz Carbon 7's?  Thanks.  :thumb:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #27 on: 20 Nov 2011, 05:39 am »
Has anyone compared the Vapors to the Fritz Carbon 7's?  Thanks.  :thumb:

I could as I've heard the Carbon 7's quite a few times ... but you probably wouldn't be interested in my thoughts since I'm a bit biased  :green:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #28 on: 20 Nov 2011, 12:25 pm »
I could as I've heard the Carbon 7's quite a few times ... but you probably wouldn't be interested in my thoughts since I'm a bit biased  :green:

:nono:  I'm curious to know your thoughts! 

tabrink

• lake life is good
« Reply #29 on: 20 Nov 2011, 02:32 pm »
 8)
Being a consummate bookshelf junkie I am about as excited about the Breeze as any small speaker on the planet. Having owned or used Harbeth, Proac, Clue, Merlin, Sonus Faber, Hoyt Bedford Omega etc. I place a high percentage of my total system dollar outlay on my speaker and tend to critique with multiple amps and sources. I have not heard the N2X but am building a pair of N3 albeit due to other activities it is taking an eternity. I am pretty curious about the N3 as much has been written about it and hope to build it to place in my wife's special space (lady cave) of peace and solace. The whole clan from Vapor look very nice.

FWIW..DAC junkie as well.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2011, 04:41 pm by tabrink »

KenSeger

• Heavy and noisy, but beautiful
    • Ken's Plain Jane Website
« Reply #30 on: 20 Nov 2011, 04:12 pm »

On the contrary,while a bland X is better than Y won't be of much value, the fact that you have a keen ear and an analytical mind allows you to point out to people WHERE to look for the differences that exist between X and Y. 

Example, one time in the 1970s a customer was considering buying either the feature laden Radford http://www.audiocostruzioni.com/r_s/pre/radford-zd22-zd50/radford%20zd22.jpg pre-amp versus the very spartan Quintessance http://www.blackswampaudio.com/Inventory/Full_Description.php?recordID=1261 (no relation to current brand) which was 20% less expensive.  The Radford was the better sounding unit, but the customer needs to be able to notice that.  So I asked him to choose a record, he picked a Ry Cooder LP.   Great choice.  We listen to one cut on both pre-amps. I noticed that the greatest sonic difference was in the mandolin, so being quite confident I asked him, "Did you notice the difference in the mandolin?".  I thought that was a good way for him to appreciate the difference without me being prejudicial. Unfortunately he replied, "What's a mandolin?".........

Ken

sharpsuxx

« Reply #31 on: 20 Nov 2011, 04:53 pm »
a keen ear and an analytical mind allows you to point out to people WHERE to look for the differences that exist between X and Y. 
So true...I hate when reviews start throwing companies and products under the bus.  Very little COMPLETELY incoherent stuff exists out there.  Everything comes down to how much of their design goal did they accomplish, for the budget, and what does the finished product do well and where are its shortcomings.   

roymail

• Roy in TX
« Reply #32 on: 20 Nov 2011, 11:39 pm »
It sure is easy to forget that synergy plays a hugh roll in the total sound in this hobby.  We tend to focus on how great a certain component sounds and forget that the audio chain is a little longer than one component.  :duh:

However, I've always believed that speakers are the most significant link in the sonic chain.