BePure 3 story...

jsalk

BePure 3 story...
« on: 22 Jun 2023, 08:20 pm »
We met Don and Jill at an audio show in Florida a few years back.  At the time, we were displaying our Exotica 3 speakers and they placed an order.  Fast forward a couple of years and they needed another pair of speakers.  So they ordered a pair of self-powered Song3 BeAT's.  Fast forward again and they placed an order for another pair of Exotica 3 speakers for another room.

Right about that time, we introduced the BePure 3's.  The first pair I built was for myself (obviously).  I never expected to sell many pairs of these since they were the most expensive speakers we had ever produced.  Shortly after we introduced the BePure 3's, Don and Jill wondered if they should change their Exotica 3 order to the new BePure 3's.

I'm not particularly eager to spend other people's money.  But I told them that if I were considering the question, there is no doubt I would go for the BePure 3's.  So they changed their order.

I posted this picture before, but here it is for reference...

We will shortly finish up a pair of matching dual 15" Rythmik subwoofers to go with these speakers.

At any rate, I received an email today and thought I'd share it (with permission). As I mentioned, they have the Exotica 3's and Song3 BeAT's to compare the BePure 3's with.  This is what they had to say...

"So, let’s talk about the “perfect” speakers. After a couple of weeks of intense listening, we personally have determined them to be the BePure 3’s, our Flagships!

Our very first impression was that they are amazingly clear and accurate, unlike anything we’ve ever heard before. Upon further listening, we began noticing other characteristics that enhance the sound of the music. The notes sustain through their natural decay, just as in a live performance. Particularly noticeable is the richness of the strings and voices, again, matching that of a live concert. For instance, before the bow is moving across the strings of a cello, you can actually hear the percussive sound of the bow initially hitting the strings, and when the oboe or bassoon come in, the vibration of the double reed is unmistakable. Wow! How did you do that?!

After a bit of tweaking of the speaker placement, the sound stage immediately opened up to be truly expansive, with the separation of individual instruments much more pronounced. We feel as though we have front-row seats to a symphonic concert or vocal performance, where, on a good recording, the breath of the singer is clearly audible.

With time, we’re sure that it will only get more perfect, making it even more difficult to leave the system to have dinner or go to bed than it is now."

I thought I'd share this as it represents the kind of emails we've received over the years that kept us going.

By the way, this pair was the only pair we built other than my personal pair.  They are one of only two pairs in the world. So Don, Jill, Mary and I are members of a very exclusive club. We're happy to be in such good company and hope they enjoy the BePure 3's for many years to come.

- Jim

Ace Deprave

Re: BePure 3 story...
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2023, 08:51 pm »
Beautiful.

rowdyrobot

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2023, 09:46 pm »
Wow. That is convincing feedback. A huge cherry on top of the Salk speaker production retirement cake.
And, again, they have a real HOUSE OF MUSIC  :o

Randy

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2023, 01:40 am »
It's just not fair!   

JCarney

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2023, 01:59 am »
Very sad to see you go Jim, I will miss the new creations you regularly posted, as well as the honest and informative responses to questions asked. Sappy bit aside, will you post pics of your pair of the BP3's? We want to see the only other pair in existence.  :D. Best to you, Mary, and the entire gang in the future.

Thank You Salk Signature Sound creators,
JCarney

Rocket

« Reply #5 on: 23 Jun 2023, 12:20 pm »
Hi Guys,

I feel the same... Audiocircle won't feel quite the same without Salk Sound. I always liked Jim's new creations and the stories of how they came to fruition.

Cheers Rod

jsalk

« Reply #6 on: 23 Jun 2023, 02:19 pm »
Very sad to see you go Jim, I will miss the new creations you regularly posted, as well as the honest and informative responses to questions asked. Sappy bit aside, will you post pics of your pair of the BP3's? We want to see the only other pair in existence.  :D. Best to you, Mary, and the entire gang in the future.

Thank You Salk Signature Sound creators,
JCarney

Your wish is my command...

- Jim

JCarney

« Reply #7 on: 23 Jun 2023, 04:56 pm »
Thank You Jim, beautiful as always. Now we have pics of the only two pairs of BePure 3's on the same page.

JCarney

mr_bill

« Reply #8 on: 23 Jun 2023, 06:11 pm »
Absolutely love this color combination!

Boybees

« Reply #9 on: 23 Jun 2023, 08:21 pm »
Jim, can you share with us the rest of the gear in your personal system with these BePure 3s?

Rshorb

« Reply #10 on: 24 Jun 2023, 12:15 pm »
I bet a nice McGary Audio SA-2 with beautiful chrome end bells 😁. And a Holo Audio Spring 3 Dac with the preamp. And I think we all know what streamer he is using.

jsalk

« Reply #11 on: 24 Jun 2023, 03:00 pm »
I bet a nice McGary Audio SA-2 with beautiful chrome end bells 😁. And a Holo Audio Spring 3 Dac with the preamp. And I think we all know what streamer he is using.

That is correct.

- Jim

rowdyrobot

« Reply #12 on: 24 Jun 2023, 07:02 pm »
This leads me to two questions:
1. Who has more Salk speakers in their home, Mr. Rshorb or Mr. jsalk?
2. What other Salk speaker models does Jim still have a pair of these days? I imagine every model has at least had a turn at his home at one point?

3. Bonus question: Jim, what are some of your all time favorite finishes you’ve created (regardless of model)?

Rshorb

« Reply #13 on: 24 Jun 2023, 10:36 pm »
Well technically Jim has more speakers than me at this point.

Hydro

« Reply #14 on: 25 Jun 2023, 04:05 pm »
I probably have more Salks in home and studio than Jim. 2 pair of SS-10's, Ht2TL, Ht3, Exotica Monitors and Ht2 center. I sold a pair of SCST's to a good friend. I also told Jim about the Purify drivers. And I haven't even got a T shirt:) I love all my Salk speakers and listen to each of them at least once a week. I met Jim and Mary at the Denver and Chicago shows, and they are first class. I can't thank them enough for the hours of listening enjoyment they have given me. Good luck in the future.   

Rshorb

« Reply #15 on: 1 Aug 2023, 09:06 pm »
I guess Hydro is the West coast Salk museum. I’m the east coast version with 10 pairs and 1 center.

rowdyrobot

« Reply #16 on: 1 Aug 2023, 10:26 pm »
Two ideas to indulge in your abundance of sound:

1. Tornado. Set up a pair in each corner of the house on each level. Turn on the same song simultaneously at a joyful listening level. Try to swim against the current in that swirl of sound while standing in a central spot.

2. Firing squad. Set up all pairs in a single room along a single wall. Standing in center of the opposing wall, turn on all on simultaneously, same as above, and see if it pins you to the wall or knocks you over.

Or, fun (but regular), just take turns listening to each in turn.

Rshorb

« Reply #17 on: 2 Aug 2023, 12:15 am »
I shall give it a try Rocket  8)