AudioKinesis and primeVibe: Vintage Rock Poster Art + MUCH MORE!

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
  • James Romeyn Music and Audio, LLC
Men and interested women will love this exhibit/demonstration/product launch sale/benefit for Cache Food Pantry.

50+ premium original San Francisco psychedelic rock posters displayed by owner Gil Hernandez from San Francisco, the original lithographer for many of the posters. Acts depicted in the posters include:

Jimmy Hendrix, Santana, Steppenwolf, Grateful Dead, Muddy Waters, BB King, Chuck Berry, Staple Singers, Aretha Franklin, Jimmy Reed, Big Brother and the Holding Company, Janis Joplin, The Who, Buffalo Springfield, Moby Grape, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Van Morrison, Johnny Cash and many more...(upstairs in the art exhibit room)

Five or more high-end guitars by local custom luthier Ryan Thorell will be on display including the just-released gypsy jazz with tapered body, Sweet E arch top, The Grand flattop with turquoise rosette.  Built in Utah, endorsed and played exclusively by Frank Vignola, owned and played by Tommy Emmanuel!

Audio Kinesis Award Winning High-End Home Speakers! Also Audio Kinesis’  just released “Thunderchild” world' best compact 2-way Bass Guitar  Cabinet (with separate 400Wrms amp and bass guitar to play).

DSA (Distributed Subwoofer Array) 1.0, $4000 state of the art 5-piece custom sub-woofer system by James Romeyn Music and Audio LLC, for music and/or home theater, licensed by Duke's LeJeune (AudioKinesis)! 2400Wrms power handling! 113+ dB @ 20 Hz!

New $99 primeVibe musical instrument seasoning device!

Finger food, brownies galore, rum balls (if I don't finish them before Saturday) and hot chocolate!

WHAT’S NOT TO LIKE! Join us!

1 P.M. to 9 P.M. Saturday 27 November

Old A.V.A./Thornton Mansion, Logan

35 West 100 South, Logan

$3 entry or donate four food items (cans, etc) for Cache Valley Food Pantry

cryoparts

1 P.M. to 9 P.M. Saturday 27 November

Old A.V.A./Thornton Mansion, Logan

35 West 100 South, Logan

Logan, Utah?  Hmmm...I might have to drive up there tomorrow.

Peace,

Lee

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
Lee
Hope you can make it. 

At his SLC show last week, no less an authority than Frank Vignola (certainly one of the top overall living guitarists and arguably the most entertaining) described luthier Ryan Thorell as "one of the world's premier luthiers".  Duke's speakers are a known commodity here.  Duke was generous enough to license me to employ his sub technology with my own super deluxe cabinets (sorry no images yet).  I added my 2c (or 1c) worth to the subs, being my Golden Ratio setup instructions described at my other website (http://JamesRomeyn.com).  Duke and I just agreed about an hours ago this is the best subs on earth, and we're totally 100% objective, unbiased!

Gil has one of the world's best original psychedelic rock art poster collections in the world.  He's done two previous exhibits, one held over for an extra 10 days, in Chicago.  He played at Chicago's best blues house, opened for Santana and some of the most renown acts of the 60s-70s.  He's a walking history machine with first hand stories of the SF music era.  I gotta remember to tell him to bring his harmonicas and mic in case a guitarist desires to play with him and we can tear him away from the posters. 

The building is just awesome, a huge old original Victorian mansion setup for art exhibits upstairs.       

Debra's cooking her tail off as I speak.

James Romeyn

• Industry Participant
http://prime-vibe.com/category/blog/

Debra posted this at our blog.

Duke's new Planetarium Gamma is a smash-mouth success IMHO.  For $2300 + stands (Duke quoted $300 for his super-duty stands) I'd put the Gamma against anything even remotely close to it for the intended purpose (limited bass extension for subwoofer-based system).

Dukes' Gamma and my subs were setup in the street-facing front room of the renown Thatcher-Young Mansion.  IIRC the room is 29 x 16 x 11, pretty darn huge. With my $4k/5-piece sub system (licensed by Duke, we agree it's the best sub system currently available and we're not biased, images including close ups coming later at my website, and no, I'm not disclosing the exact panel materials employed) we had Rush playing right in front of us at live levels with absolutely no audible distortion.  Sweet!  The partnering amp was Earl Geddes' hand-picked circa 2003-2004 Pioneer VSX-D912 receiver for which I paid $250 used).     

All critical listeners including the sound pro from Eccles theater (he escaped for an audition before the show started at Eccles) were amazed by the ability to walk just about anywhere in the room for the same stereo effect, standing or listening.  The speaker absolutely rocks in this regard. 

Honestly, if the imaging and sound field was better in the sweet spot compared to several feet away standing (I'm 6-3), it was not easily detected.  I kept checking and rechecking this aspect of the Gamma's performance because it may set a new standard, breaking all previous paradigms.  I'm virtually certain the RMAF room was way to small to portray that speaker's huge listening area (the full-range floor-standing version of the Gamma, with side-firing ambiance drivers).       

With all due respect to the mighty Jazz Modules (and the JM's big brother Dream Maker, 2008 T.A.S. Golden Ear Award Winner), the new Gamma beats the JM and might even beat the DM in its huge room filling spatial performance.  It's that good. 

Many audiophiles might expect a certain fuzzy or buzzy midrange performance with a 12" 2-way, especially wave-guided or horn loaded.  We listened for about ten hours continuously and I heard absolutely no trace of such artifacts at any time.  We could have listened another ten hours, at least I could have.

« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2010, 09:41 pm by James Romeyn »