T.H.E. Show is close by, but is it worth going to?

capwkidd

T.H.E. Show is close by, but is it worth going to?
« on: 25 Oct 2010, 02:08 am »
I live in SoCal, so, going to Vegas is pretty easy.... but is it worth it, after going to RMAF. It does not appear to be anywhere near as large as RMAF...

TONEPUB

Re: T.H.E. Show is close by, but is it worth going to?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Oct 2010, 02:10 am »
How close is it to CES in terms of proximity?

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 25 Oct 2010, 02:16 am »
THE SHOW is in the Flamingo, about one block up from the Venetian where CES high end audio exhibits are located.  There are more than 100 exhibits at the Flamingo and admission is $10.  We will be recording a live album with singer/songwriter Napua Davoy on all four days, in the Red Rock VIII ballroom, as part of a live vs recorded demo with Atamsphere electronics and the VMPS RM50 speakers, which were not at RMAF.  Very worth going.

BPoletti

« Reply #3 on: 25 Oct 2010, 03:43 am »
It can be a fun couple of days.  Is it worth it?  That depends on a lot of factors.  But for me, it was always better either going with a friend or two, or meeting up with people there. 

I'll be there this year.  Hope to meet Brian again, maybe a few old friends and acquaintances, drink a little wine (more like a lot of wine), listen to some good tunes, debate the finer points of life, drink a little wine, hit the tables, drive, listen to tunes on Keith Herron's latest, drink a little wine...

So much for the first day.   :)   

G.Michael

« Reply #4 on: 25 Oct 2010, 04:49 am »
I live in SoCal, so, going to Vegas is pretty easy.... but is it worth it, after going to RMAF. It does not appear to be anywhere near as large as RMAF...

And/or go to Newport Beach in June: http://www.theshownewport.com/
(I noticed this on p. 112 of the Nov. Stereophile.)

mjosef

« Reply #5 on: 25 Oct 2010, 04:51 am »
If you live in SoCal....definitely worth going. I visit family every year at New Year(Antelope Valley), and that week has become mandatory the last 3 years. Its Vegas...lots to do and see... :thumb:
THe Show and CES are soo close together now, there are more HIFi exhibits than one might expect between the two concurrent shows. I have never been able to catch every room in two days...I spend one day just at CES.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #6 on: 25 Oct 2010, 04:52 am »
Are these shows open to the public, or is it trade/audiophile society only?

mjosef

« Reply #7 on: 25 Oct 2010, 04:59 am »
THE SHOW is open to the public I think...CES is for Trade only.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?