« Reply #580 on: 2 Jan 2011, 02:17 pm »
DEV

What about the Table that Turns  :thumb:

Any Picks

Robert

DEV

Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #581 on: 2 Jan 2011, 03:45 pm »
TW-Acustic Raven AC3 placed ontop of a custom made Minus K platform http://www.minusk.com/

Table can handle four arms but I'm happy with two.  http://www.avguide.com/review/tw-acustic-raven-ac-3-turntable

Second arm I'm looking at the TW 10.5, not yet sure about the cart but I have the Lyra Olympos and Transfiguration Orpheus L on my short list.

drummermitchell

« Reply #582 on: 2 Jan 2011, 03:52 pm »
Beautiful table Dev,four arms,that'd be busier than the Guangzhou shipping yard.
All joking aside very nice indeed :thumb:.

DEV

« Reply #583 on: 2 Jan 2011, 04:24 pm »
Beautiful table Dev,four arms,that'd be busier than the Guangzhou shipping yard.
All joking aside very nice indeed :thumb:.

Thanks, it's a great table! and Minus K works fabulously, four arms is way too much for me on one table and that's why I'll be sticking with two. Would like to use the MM cart on one arm this way I can still use my current phono for both arms. I'm in no hurry to get an external phono as of yet because I'm really enjoying what's built in my VAC Sig. pre but possibly latter this year I will try some external ones and experience the different flavour. "most likely solid state"

drummermitchell

« Reply #584 on: 2 Jan 2011, 04:53 pm »
SS,perhaps worth a look....Whest PS 30 RDT SE

DEV

« Reply #585 on: 2 Jan 2011, 05:24 pm »
Thanks for the recomendation

A good friend has four different phono's (FM-Acustics, Ensemble, Kondo from Japan, Rossner & Sohn) in his set-up so I get to hear different flavours.

To date my favorite in no order; Reed/MSL + FM Acustics + Verdier, Shroeder Ref/Lyra Olmpos + Ensemble, these are both very close so I could live with either.
I really liked the RS phono prior set-up but currently has a mismatch with arm/cart and awaiting a Teala so that will try some different combos so that will be interesting. I have heard the Whest that you refered to and is a great pce also, actually compared it to the RS and preferred the the later.

DEV

« Reply #586 on: 2 Jan 2011, 05:26 pm »
forgot to mention the table with the Shroeder Ref/Lyra Olmpos + Ensemble is a TW-Acustic Raven AC

drummermitchell

« Reply #587 on: 2 Jan 2011, 06:10 pm »
aye,yae yae,I think I have to stay off the net,at least for a few hours :nono:.

Robert D

« Reply #588 on: 2 Jan 2011, 06:20 pm »
TW-Acustic Raven AC3 placed ontop of a custom made Minus K platform http://www.minusk.com/

Table can handle four arms but I'm happy with two.  http://www.avguide.com/review/tw-acustic-raven-ac-3-turntable

Second arm I'm looking at the TW 10.5, not yet sure about the cart but I have the Lyra Olympos and Transfiguration Orpheus L on my short list.

Awesome TT Dev

Robert

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #589 on: 2 Jan 2011, 06:27 pm »

Simply awesome  :thumb:

Be well...

Bugsy

« Reply #590 on: 4 Jan 2011, 07:12 am »
Found this one on the start of my winery tour this summer. Things have sure changed

An Exhibition by the Victor Talking Machine manufactured by Camden in N.J.

Laundrew

« Reply #591 on: 4 Jan 2011, 09:19 pm »
Found this one on the start of my winery tour this summer. Things have sure changed

An Exhibition by the Victor Talking Machine manufactured by Camden in N.J.

Looks awesome, very nice  :thumb:

Quite the irony, all of our modern digital equipment is attempting to reproduce the true analogue output of this “gramophone.”

:duh:

Be well...

Bugsy

« Reply #592 on: 5 Jan 2011, 12:02 am »
Hi Laundrew

It was ironic.

My cousin and I use to play with a gramophone when we were young kids, I am not sure what happen to it but wish I had it now, along with the 78's records. LOL

Enjoy the New Year

Stu Pitt

« Reply #593 on: 6 Jan 2011, 03:49 pm »
Someone here on AC has one, or something very similar.  Is it Levi?  Maybe SET Man, aka Buddy.

ChrisBo

« Reply #594 on: 6 Jan 2011, 09:51 pm »

Hey guy's here is my set up ... I hope to make some additions in 2011.

Although, as it stands now I'm very happy with everything.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #595 on: 6 Jan 2011, 10:02 pm »
cool setup, Chris!
are you running your amps with unbalanced cables ?

al.

Laundrew

« Reply #596 on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:06 am »
Hey guy's here is my set up ... I hope to make some additions in 2011.

Although, as it stands now I'm very happy with everything.

For some strange, unexplainable reason, I am compelled to congratulate you on your most outstanding taste you have for speakers - you must be an extremely refined connoisseur .

:P :wink:

Be well...

ChrisBo

« Reply #597 on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:36 am »
For some strange, unexplainable reason, I am compelled to congratulate you on your most outstanding taste you have for speakers - you must be an extremely refined connoisseur .

:P :wink:

Be well...

Funny but I feel the exact same way about your set up  :thumb:

ChrisBo

« Reply #598 on: 7 Jan 2011, 01:44 am »
cool setup, Chris!
are you running your amps with unbalanced cables ?

al.

Thanks I appreciate that.

Currently using balanced Van Den Hul D - 102 III Hybrid's ... they replaced a pair of entry level Ultra link rca's which were actually great bang for the buck.

Take Care

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #599 on: 7 Jan 2011, 10:54 pm »
Pretty cool, Chris! I finally got to hear your speakers @ CES, but they were driven by ML electronics :( Anyway, they sounded great! I can only imagine how they would sound with BRYSTON!