Picture Food Needed

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Re: Picture Food Needed
« Reply #360 on: 7 Sep 2010, 01:53 am »
Laundrew,

planing, planing, planing. i used to work as a cabinetmaker (when i was a young man :lol:)...so no problem here. and yes, i made my decisions about the speaker's design. pics to follow...

al.

How big are the woofers?

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #361 on: 7 Sep 2010, 06:47 am »
Al are there rear port holes for bass on these ????
Robert

hi, Rob!

no. at this time i was thinking about where to place the holes (bassreflex channels...what's the correct term in english?) for the bass. my choice was the front because it allows to place the speakers closer to the wall so now the minimum distance to the wall can be around 20cm. if the holes would be at the backside of the speakers the minimum distance must be around 50cm...

al.
« Last Edit: 7 Sep 2010, 07:00 pm by alexone »

alexone

« Reply #362 on: 7 Sep 2010, 06:52 am »
How big are the woofers?

hi, Dave!

the diameter of the woofer is 22cm including the aluminium frame. the membrane's diameter is 19,5cm.

al.

Robert D

« Reply #363 on: 7 Sep 2010, 12:01 pm »
hi, Rob!

no. at this time i was thinking about where to place the holes (bassreflex channels...what's the correct term in english?) for the bass. my choice was the front because it allows to place the speakers closer to the wall so now the minimum distance to the wall can be around 20cm. if the holes would be at the backside of the speakers the minimum distance must be around 50cm...

al.

al.

Thanks Al, My Speakers are rear and front bassreflex channels. They Need at least 3 feet from the Back Wall

Robert

alexone

« Reply #364 on: 7 Sep 2010, 02:24 pm »
Thanks Al, My Speakers are rear and front bassreflex channels. They Need at least 3 feet from the Back Wall

Robert

Rob,

you've got Paradigm speakers, right? from what their website tells me you must be more than satisfied with them. rare to see that speakers have the 'holes' at the front & at the back...?!

al.

Robert D

« Reply #365 on: 7 Sep 2010, 02:57 pm »
Yes I do Al, they are the S8 v2's.

The Thunder is amazing

Robert 

Robert D

« Reply #366 on: 7 Sep 2010, 03:03 pm »

BACK

FRONT

you've got Paradigm speakers, right? from what their website tells me you must be more than satisfied with them. rare to see that speakers have the 'holes' at the front & at the back...?!

Here you Go Al

Robert

rob80b

« Reply #367 on: 7 Sep 2010, 11:58 pm »
Here's looking at you

Felt that would get you're attention.

Just some tweaking I'm doing on my Dynaudio Special Twenty-Fives.
Results posted here.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=19157489#post19157489

vegasdave

« Reply #368 on: 8 Sep 2010, 01:38 am »
hi, Dave!

the diameter of the woofer is 22cm including the aluminium frame. the membrane's diameter is 19,5cm.

al.

Cool. How's the bass?

alexone

« Reply #369 on: 8 Sep 2010, 05:46 pm »
Dave,

the bass is mighty! but it really depends on the recording. rap music can be too boomy if it is played too loud given that the minimum recommended roomsize for these speakers is 18 sqm...my room is 17 sqm. they can easily rock a room from about 30 sqm or even more! but nonetheless i really love the overall soundstage. so if you have a source that is recorded in a punchy, crispy, correct or even in a crappy way the speakers will tell you the truth about it. especially the tweeter/midrange sounds sweet! very detailed and very good for voices. it's always amazing that you can hear things you never heard before :green:.
i think that the tweeter plays a major part of this resolution. all these Eton drivers are of extreme high quality. no doubt about it!

al.

vegasdave

« Reply #370 on: 9 Sep 2010, 08:40 pm »
Ok, cool. Nice work, by the way.

alexone

« Reply #371 on: 9 Sep 2010, 08:42 pm »
Ok, cool. Nice work, by the way.

thank you, Vegasman! :D

al.

alexone

« Reply #372 on: 10 Sep 2010, 05:33 pm »
now it's time to get all my vinyl onto the hdd.

and with a little help with this redly friend...

...the Ortofon Rondo Red :green:

al.

Mag

« Reply #373 on: 10 Sep 2010, 06:20 pm »
Looks like you know what you're doing. :thumb:

Are you normalizing the tracks, to make it sound more like cd?

vegasdave

« Reply #374 on: 10 Sep 2010, 07:45 pm »
thank you, Vegasman! :D

al.

You're welcome!

vegasdave

« Reply #375 on: 10 Sep 2010, 07:45 pm »
Nice turntable, alexone.

alexone

« Reply #376 on: 11 Sep 2010, 04:55 am »
Looks like you know what you're doing. :thumb:

Are you normalizing the tracks, to make it sound more like cd?

Mag,

i assume that you are asking if i am using any of the recording program's 'denoiser' or 'decrackler' and so on...
if so then the simple answer is: NO!  :nono:
these "improvements" automatically can have an influence to the original signal. so you always have to be careful. and i don't mind if the record sounds like the record...that's what i want even if a song has a 'campfire charm' now and then :green:

al.

alexone

« Reply #377 on: 11 Sep 2010, 04:59 am »
Nice turntable, alexone.

thx, Dave. turntables are always worth to take a closer look at them! there are lots of unique looking (and sounding!) tt out there.

al.

Mag

« Reply #378 on: 11 Sep 2010, 05:35 am »
Mag,

i assume that you are asking if i am using any of the recording program's 'denoiser' or 'decrackler' and so on...
if so then the simple answer is: NO!  :nono:
these "improvements" automatically can have an influence to the original signal. so you always have to be careful. and i don't mind if the record sounds like the record...that's what i want even if a song has a 'campfire charm' now and then :green:

al.

I certainly agree with you. I transferred LPs in the past, and you have to be careful how much you edit, because it can add a robot like noise. I was kidding about normalizing, that would add compression to LP which I understand is already compressed to fit the format. That looks like a good software program, I use an old program that is no longer available, that is real easy to use, but tends to crash occasionally with Windows XP, Vista.

I laughed at the big screen monitor. That's what I'm doing with my 46" Sony. I sit like 5' away and have no trouble reading text.

alexone

« Reply #379 on: 11 Sep 2010, 06:14 am »
Mag,

the software (Magix) is very easy to use. it works fine with XP and Vista as i've tried it with both. my girlfriend needs the smaller screen...that's why i am using the big one. another positive effect is that i can keep the analog cables as short as possible that way as my computer is now placed pretty close to the Bryston system :thumb:

al.