DACT Remote kit with GoldPoint

Bequerel

« on: 8 Feb 2005, 04:38 pm »
Can a DACT Remote kit be used with a GoldPoint attenuator?
As far as I know, they use the same ELMA-switch.

Thanx!

whistler@pageone.no

JoshK

« Reply #1 on: 8 Feb 2005, 04:44 pm »
I think the key to whether it will work or not has to do with the inner rod and whether it extend from the back of the switch far enough that the stepper motor can grab it to spin the rod.

Bequerel

« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2005, 04:49 pm »
Thank you, JoshK. Good idea! I will check it out.

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 8 Feb 2005, 10:35 pm »
Hello!

This is a timely question! I have been in contact with goldpoint over the last number of months and I have an OEM user of the remote  who will be using goldpoint. We will know in the next week or so if it works with the standard goldpoint. If it does not then goldpoint have confirmed that they can make the switches with the tab sticking out the back enough to grab the coupling to the motor. I will report back in this thread when I hear back how it has worked out and what the plan is.

Many Thanks!

John

Bequerel

« Reply #4 on: 9 Feb 2005, 07:17 am »
That is super-great!!

Will be following this thread closely.

Thanx!

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2005, 04:12 pm »
Hello!

I have recieved word from Goldpoint that they have the remote mod kit running fine at their shop. They did need a slight modification to the standard switch and a couple extra parts to do it so you need to let them know you intend on using the remote when you order the switch.

The Remote mod kit will not attach to existing Goldpoint switches without modifying the switch. This can be done in the field (getting parts from Goldpoint first) or at the Goldpoint shop.

Many Thanks!

John