How many of each model did Salk produce?

pelked1

How many of each model did Salk produce?
« on: 21 Jan 2024, 09:50 pm »
I wonder if Jim can provide a rough estimate of how many of each model were ever produced? I would think this would be great archival information for all of us owners and future buyers. Maybe more out of curiosity, but it could at times also help establish some sort of rarity (or not) numbers and price assignment.

I doubt we could get a good capture by just having people reply to this thread. Even from memory, Jim might be able to roughly guesstimate what was built per model?

jsalk

Re: How many of each model did Salk produce?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2024, 10:15 pm »
I don't know exactly how many of each speaker design we have produced.  I would have to go through thousands of invoices to figure that out.  I do have a database of invoices, but it doesn't go that far back.

Our goal was to produce 5 pairs of speakers per week.  We probably averaged about 3 - 4.  So 3 orders per week x 52 weeks x 22 years would be a good starting point for the total.  But the number of speakers for each order varied as in some cases it was a pair and others it was a home theater setup.  I would guess we produced about 4,000 - 5,000 pairs of speakers total.

Sorry I don't have time to quantify each design.

- Jim

robink

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2024, 01:45 am »
Could you tell us which models were the top sellers and what time if you can estimate them?

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2024, 04:32 pm »
The Veracity HT3's were our first popular model.  Next, the SongTowers were the most popular speaker we ever produced. It was an incredible performer in terms of price/performance.  The Veracity HT2-TL's were our next big seller, followed by the SS8's.  Finally our BePure 2's sold quite well just prior to our exit.  I'm sure this would have been our most successful speaker ever had we continued to build speakers.  It represented an entirely new level of speaker performance.

Of course, we produced many variations of the above speakers (SongTower RT and Supercharged SongTowers for example), but these were our most popular models in terms of pairs sold.

I hope this helps.

- Jim