Problem with cdt-8

rjclaster

Problem with cdt-8
« on: 3 Jul 2019, 08:05 pm »
Jason,
There have been a couple of CDs that my player won't play.  Has anyone else had this problem with the cdt-8?

rustydoglim

Re: Problem with cdt-8
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jul 2019, 08:28 pm »
Are these CDs that you made yourself?

JackD

« Reply #2 on: 3 Jul 2019, 08:45 pm »
Mine has been flawless since last July.

rjclaster

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jul 2019, 05:01 am »
No,these are commercial CDs

slash71

« Reply #4 on: 4 Jul 2019, 06:39 am »
sometime cd have  hidden and quiet tracks , sometime  cd players didn't skip it to reach  other tracks  to play ..

are you in this limbo?

Gerhard

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jul 2019, 09:05 am »
@rjclaster

If you have purchased CDT 8 for the first time, did the problem occur immediately after the purchase or do you already own CDT 8 for some time and did this problem occur from the beginning or only now?

Are the CDs in perfect condition or are they scratched ?

Best regards

Gerhard

rjclaster

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jul 2019, 10:44 pm »
I noticed that one of the CDs did not play shortly after my purchase.  Both of the CDs are in perfect condition.

avta

« Reply #7 on: 5 Jul 2019, 12:16 am »
Do you have access to another CD player? Trying to play the problematic cd’s on another player might help.

Tan Raymond

• Retired and coming back to music after 30 years
« Reply #8 on: 8 Jul 2019, 02:09 am »
Hi,
I had some weird experience like you, but with a different brand SACD player. I had a lower level CD player that I like and upgraded to the higher model that plays SACD too, but then some of my cds suddenly could not play on the higher level player. Ripped them to my computer and the soft copy played alright.

Realised only "foreign" language cds  and only a few are affected. Think it's a software thing, till today it's still the same and the newer cds I bought have no such issues.

Sorry not solving your problems but just sharing my experience with all,  and hope you feel you're "alone"

Tan Raymond

• Retired and coming back to music after 30 years
« Reply #9 on: 8 Jul 2019, 02:49 am »
Sorry
I mean you don't feel you're Alone, with such problems.

Gerhard

« Reply #10 on: 8 Jul 2019, 02:12 pm »
@rjclaster

What did your dealer say about your problem?
Did you get direct feedback from Nuprime?
In my opinion, the only way to check is to see if another copy of the CDP 8 T has the same problem. If not, the device would need to be replaced.

Please, let us know what happens next in this matter.

Since I also want to buy a Nuprime CD player, it is important for me to know how Nuprime handles it.

Best regards

Gerhard

rustydoglim

« Reply #11 on: 13 Jul 2019, 08:24 am »
Since this could be a product problem, you shyould go through the support process.
1. provide as much info as possible:
a) did the problem disk work the first time?
b) is it just this disk or all other disks?
If the majority of the CDs work, then it is likely not the problem with the CDT-8.

Keep in mind that NuPrime is a manufacturer, it sells to worldwide distributors who then provide support for the territories.  So the support ticket will then be assigned to local support staff, which will work with us to determine the next steps.  We monitor and manage the help desk, and work with distributors to resolve the problem.

rjclaster

« Reply #12 on: 13 Jul 2019, 03:22 pm »
All CDs except two have worked on the cdt-8 but those same discs have worked on my oppo so it is the player.

rustydoglim

« Reply #13 on: 25 Jul 2019, 09:51 am »
All CDs except two have worked on the cdt-8 but those same discs have worked on my oppo so it is the player.

Since ALL CDs have worked except two - I have to deduce that CDT-8 is not defective.
I quote from the soon to be released Top Gun Maverick movie: "It's one of life's mysteries, sir."

Gerhard

« Reply #14 on: 26 Jul 2019, 06:25 pm »
If the two CDs are played by other CD Players without problems, it is a problem of the CDT 8. A Cd transporter for around EUR 800 (which is a lot of money for a CD transporter these days) should not have such a problem.

@rustydoglim - I am new in this forum: Are you from Nuprime (Jason Lim?).

Kind regards

Gerhard (Austria)

rustydoglim

« Reply #15 on: 30 Jul 2019, 05:23 pm »
Yes, I am Jason.

A $30 portable Sony CD player probably can play any CDs, but do you want to use it for your audiophile listening? My point is that this is a life's mystery as far as CDT-8 is concern. For the engineering type, how would you debug this? We can't debug the problem unless we can pin point it.
But we can't ask the chip set company, the transport device company to send their engineers and spend days and thousands of $ in expenses to debug a problem that is not in their priority.

The chip set company would say the same thing to us, hey, the CDT works for all other CDs isn't, so our firmware works. Go figure it out yourself.  :duh:

What are the title, label and manufacturer of the two CDs ? Perhaps we can list them on our website. So far we have sold more than 800 CDT-8 Pros and  this is the only case reported.

Samoyed

« Reply #16 on: 30 Jul 2019, 08:16 pm »
Jason,
There have been a couple of CDs that my player won't play.  Has anyone else had this problem with the cdt-8?

If you send me the discs, I’ll gladly test them on my cdt 8. Pm me, and I’ll provide my Pacific Northwest address.

rustydoglim

« Reply #17 on: 8 Aug 2019, 03:17 pm »
Thanks Samoyed, this is a good test to compare the two CDT-8.