New guy in Denver

brj

New guy in Denver
« on: 15 Mar 2007, 10:02 pm »
So.... you guys have room for one more up here in Denver? :)

It will be quite a while before I find a house, get settled in, and get my system up and running again, but I have made the move and look forward to meeting you all!
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2007, 10:58 pm by brj »

arthurs

Re: New guy in Denver!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2007, 10:20 pm »
Good ear and a good egg!  our loss is your gain...  :bawl:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: New guy in Denver!
« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2007, 10:28 pm »
Brian,

You have a great audio crew up there with Wayne, Sean, Mike, Pete, Steve, Jerry, Tyson, and many others.

Definitely get to know these guys so that you have some audio friends and genuinely good people to hang with.   :thumb:

George

sunshinedawg

Re: New guy in Denver
« Reply #3 on: 16 Mar 2007, 01:06 am »
There's always room for one more. Welcome to the area. What parts of town are you looking at?

Sean

Wayne1

« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2007, 03:40 pm »
I met with Brian last night at the Old Chicago on Wadsworth and Hampden.

We spent a very enjoyable evening chatting about a great variety of subjects. Brian is an aeronautical engineer and very passionate about his chosen field.

I do look forward to more time spent with him. I hope he will enjoy the company of the rest of our little group.

brj

« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2007, 04:43 pm »
Thanks for the welcome guys!  (Or sendoff, in Art's case! :) )

Wayne, thanks for the enjoyable, wide-ranging conversation last night - and a good beer recommendation!  Jerry, it was good to meet you as well!  I'm looking forward to meeting everyone else...

Quote from: sunshinedawg
What parts of town are you looking at?

I'm focusing on the Southwest section of Denver.  I'm still trying to get a feel for the tradeoffs between cost, location (closer to or perhaps even just inside the foothills), distance to work and amenities, size and age of home.

mgalusha

« Reply #6 on: 17 Mar 2007, 03:35 am »
Glad to see you arrived safely. ;)

Looking forward to meeting you and hearing your rig once you find a place and get settled in. At least you waited long enough for the crappy winter we had to end. (I hope....)

Mike

reefrus

« Reply #7 on: 17 Mar 2007, 01:26 pm »
Welcome to Denver!

cryotweaks

• Funny name. Serious audio.
    • TweekGeek.com
« Reply #8 on: 17 Mar 2007, 02:13 pm »
Welcome Brian! 

There is no shortage of housing or great areas to live around here.  I hope to have a get together in April/May, perhaps we will meet then.

- Mike

brj

« Reply #9 on: 17 Mar 2007, 03:14 pm »
Thanks, guys - sounds like you guys have a good group!

Now if only I can find a house that has a decent room for audio... :)

I have to admit, I'm missing my (very much unfinished) rig after having it packed up for over a month already...

mgalusha

« Reply #10 on: 17 Mar 2007, 04:48 pm »
I have to admit, I'm missing my (very much unfinished) rig after having it packed up for over a month already...

We don't want you to suffer too much, you're welcome to come by for some tunes and some libation. :beer: 'Course you have to drive a while to get here... Just ask Wayne or Jerry, they think I've moved to Kansas. :)

Mike

brj

« Reply #11 on: 17 Mar 2007, 05:27 pm »
Quote from: mgalusha
We don't want you to suffer too much, you're welcome to come by for some tunes and some libation. :beer:

Thanks for that, Mike!  I'll probably have to delay for a week or two as I deal with selling my house and the actual pack and move process (next weekend), but once those hurdles are crossed, things will settle down a little bit.

Quote from: mgalusha
'Course you have to drive a while to get here... Just ask Wayne or Jerry, they think I've moved to Kansas. :)

I do believe that "Kansas" was how Wayne described the location of your new abode! :lol:

PeteG

« Reply #12 on: 17 Mar 2007, 06:25 pm »
Welcome here too!

Colorado is a great place to live. But like Mike mention it's good that winter is almost over.

Pete

Turk

« Reply #13 on: 17 Mar 2007, 08:38 pm »
Brian,

Pleasure to meet you and I look forward to getting together and enjoying the music. 

Jerry

jrebman

« Reply #14 on: 22 Mar 2007, 01:20 am »
And here's a welcome from a neighbor to the north in Boulder.  I have never met any of these Denver guys in person, but have talked with a couple on the phone, and maybe one of these days, even if it's at RMAF, we'll meet.

I've been here for a little over 12 years now having come from the east coast, and you can bet I won't be going back.  It's a great place to live and the winters are, well, usually not a big deal :-).

-- Jim

audioferret

« Reply #15 on: 22 Mar 2007, 01:57 am »
  Welcome!  From just down the street from jrebman in Louisville...

To the rest: sorry I missed the last get together.  I have been meaning to get with you guys but keep missing opportunities.  I'm about to go to Iraq for a year anyway...   :duh:

BradJudy

« Reply #16 on: 22 Mar 2007, 02:10 am »
I'm about to go to Iraq for a year anyway...   :duh:

Seriously?  While in the middle of school and with a new baby?  That sucks. 

smccull

« Reply #17 on: 22 Mar 2007, 04:35 pm »
Welcome Brian!

I moved to Colorado about a year and a half ago and am loving it. I haven't met the local guys here on AC but I've been participating in the forums more and more. I also joined the Colorado Audio Society, which puts on the always excellent RMAF, and have gone to a couple meetings.

You'll enjoy it out here. The weather and the audio are both excellent!  :dance:

Steve