Amadeus MK.II review

Charisma12

Amadeus MK.II review
« on: 11 Jul 2014, 04:56 pm »
Mr. Art Dudley reviewed the Well Tempered Lab Amadeus MK.II turntable in the latest issue (August) of the Stereophile magazine.

mick wolfe

Re: Amadeus MK.II review
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jul 2014, 05:25 pm »
Mr. Art Dudley reviewed the Well Tempered Lab Amadeus MK.II turntable in the latest issue (August) of the Stereophile magazine.

Far too much babbling and nitpicking about the the technical aspects/ history and not enough said about the sound.....which I think he was quite pleased with.  I think these reviewers are afraid to shine the light on a sub $3000 table that sonically upsets the apple cart. In other words, a table that performs as well or better than tables costing twice as much or more.

/mp

Reviewing the reviewers -- was Amadeus MK.II review
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jul 2014, 11:37 pm »
Far too much babbling and nitpicking about the the technical aspects/ history and not enough said about the sound.....which I think he was quite pleased with.  I think these reviewers are afraid to shine the light on a sub $3000 table that sonically upsets the apple cart. In other words, a table that performs as well or better than tables costing twice as much or more.

I gave away hundreds of TAS, Stereophiles, Sensible Sounds, Sounds Like, etc. 7 or 8 years ago. FWLIW, my recollection is the mags spent more ink on how stuff sounded in the TAS pre-adverts era. Now, review precis include: if you like the way it sounds, it may be right for you.   Also, someone's market research must have indicated readers' concerns with equipment costs because seemingly every recent review I read includes a sentence about what a good value it is no matter how absurdly it's priced.

doak

Re: Amadeus MK.II review NOW ONLINE
« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2014, 06:20 pm »
For the curious Art Dudley's write-up of the WTA II is now available online:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/listening-140

It probably contains no information you do not already know, and I hesitate to term it a review.
Still, not a terrible read or way to burn a few minutes.

Doak

gagamut

« Reply #4 on: 1 Aug 2014, 02:44 am »
i will say,every important element of music,vivid,emotion,passion,you can get from Well Tempered Amadeus, :D 

Charisma12

« Reply #5 on: 1 Aug 2014, 06:27 pm »
I always trust my own ears.

mgsboedmisodpc2

« Reply #6 on: 5 Aug 2014, 04:26 pm »
Charisma12 weren't you a50mm Mortar artillery loader in the war? :duh: