Future Bryston CD Player Still A Go?

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
Re: Future Bryston CD Player Still A Go?
« Reply #380 on: 11 Jan 2017, 11:28 am »
The thing I like most about reviews are the albums that were used -- I almost always end up expanding my CD library after reading them, and this one is no exception!  :thumb:

Dloines

« Reply #381 on: 11 Jan 2017, 04:36 pm »
The thing I like most about reviews are the albums that were used -- I almost always end up expanding my CD library after reading them, and this one is no exception!  :thumb:

same here :lol:

Siltech

« Reply #382 on: 13 Jan 2017, 03:12 am »
@James T
The review link a couple of days ago you send says Bryston BCD-3 warranty is 5 years. Also, article from Home Theatre review.com on Dec22-2016 say Bryston warranty on BCD-3 is 5 years. I'm confused, is warranty 3 or 5 years. Thank you

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #383 on: 13 Jan 2017, 11:30 am »
@James T
The review link a couple of days ago you send says Bryston BCD-3 warranty is 5 years. Also, article from Home Theatre review.com on Dec22-2016 say Bryston warranty on BCD-3 is 5 years. I'm confused, is warranty 3 or 5 years. Thank you

Hi,

Its 3 years - In the past we have stated that the warranty is 3 years for anything with moving parts but I think some people (reviewer) think its 5 years because of the fact it is a digital product which do have 5 year warrantees.

james

Baroque

« Reply #384 on: 14 Jan 2017, 04:20 am »
Hi, I received my CD player five days ago and a review that is difficult to put into general audiophile terminology.

Very large soundstage, timbre, pace and tonal accuracy. However, this unit is simply musical. I put in my favorite CDs and forget about what I am supposed to hear and enjoy the music.

There is not the in-your-face detail as I experienced with my OPPO 105 but a very truthful and musical experience.

Whit my new BCD-3 my system came to life, both output RCA and XLR sound great. I have upgade the power cord and 1 fuses for now (need 2 fuses 1A 5x20 SB inside) with very nice result, more relaxe and full... Last 30 years I add: Denon 1520, CAL Icon 2, CJ, YBA, AR, Rega Saturn and more before and this Bryston is the most truthful and musical to my ears.

Now, let's play the music! Thanks Bryston!  :thumb:

Steve
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2017, 05:25 am by Baroque »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #385 on: 14 Jan 2017, 11:00 am »
Hi, I received my CD player five days ago and a review that is difficult to put into general audiophile terminology.

Very large soundstage, timbre, pace and tonal accuracy. However, this unit is simply musical. I put in my favorite CDs and forget about what I am supposed to hear and enjoy the music.

There is not the in-your-face detail as I experienced with my OPPO 105 but a very truthful and musical experience.

Whit my new BCD-3 my system came to life, both output RCA and XLR sound great. I have upgade the power cord and 1 fuses for now (need 2 fuses 1A 5x20 SB inside) with very nice result, more relaxe and full... Last 30 years I add: Denon 1520, CAL Icon 2, CJ, YBA, AR, Rega Saturn and more before and this Bryston is the most truthful and musical to my ears.

Now, let's play the music! Thanks Bryston!  :thumb:

Steve

Well thank you Steve - I have said this before but there is just 'something right' about the way the BCD-3 CD Player presents music  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

ENJOY!

james

Siltech

« Reply #386 on: 14 Jan 2017, 05:22 pm »
@Baroque
What fuse upgrade did you put in? Did you use HIFI-Tuning fuse? (It so, what model ).

Baroque

« Reply #387 on: 14 Jan 2017, 07:31 pm »
Hi, I put in a Gold schurter, old fuse that I used in my Primaluna Dialogue 2...

I have orders 2 Furetech fuses from my sellers but for now it's just more gravy...

My SACD hybride are better in the Bryston vs the OPPO I didn't expect that.

My XLR cable  (Audioquest Water) is a really good match too... 8)

Steve

Siltech

« Reply #388 on: 14 Jan 2017, 08:10 pm »
Better Dacs, and player = Better sound, regardless of hybrid sacd disc. Enjoy Steve.

Siltech

« Reply #389 on: 25 Jan 2017, 12:56 pm »
Anymore reviews coming?

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #390 on: 25 Jan 2017, 01:32 pm »
Anymore reviews coming?

Not a review, but may help you deal with your condition:

http://hifi-opinions.com/en/audiophilia-nervosa-2/

:lol: :green:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #391 on: 25 Jan 2017, 02:06 pm »
Not a review, but may help you deal with your condition:

i think I better close the doors Maestro - looks like with this logic there is no point to try and build or improve beyond the status quo !

james

Dloines

« Reply #392 on: 25 Jan 2017, 02:43 pm »
good article and funny-read, I think a lot of that logic basically applies to all hobbies.  But what I like about this hobby and with most good audio equipment is it does last a really long time, it does sound much better than the average system,  you can share it with other people, you can use if everyday if you like and it doesn't cost you a penny other than electricity, and seems to be fairly easy to trade and sell when needed....

Siltech

« Reply #393 on: 25 Jan 2017, 02:44 pm »
CANADIAN  m.  Look in your own back yard,  IDIOT.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #394 on: 25 Jan 2017, 03:14 pm »
CANADIAN  m.  Look in your own back yard,  IDIOT.

Ever hear of GOOGLE SEARCH, moron?
(there...I said it....)

OTM

« Reply #395 on: 25 Jan 2017, 10:44 pm »
Gentleman, Gentlemen .....

zoom25

« Reply #396 on: 25 Jan 2017, 11:20 pm »

PierreB

« Reply #397 on: 25 Jan 2017, 11:31 pm »

I read the article and I must admit that at some point I have the " audiophilia nervosa"  :oops: . You know when you think that this X interconnect might be better than your Y interconnect or if I move my left speaker one inch more near the rear wall, etc....
Like your article said, listen to the music and forget the setup. I will try this recommandation. It's just an hobby. And a great one.  :thumb:

Pierre

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
« Reply #398 on: 26 Jan 2017, 01:18 am »
I read the article and I must admit that at some point I have the " audiophilia nervosa"  :oops: . You know when you think that this X interconnect might be better than your Y interconnect or if I move my left speaker one inch more near the rear wall, etc....
Like your article said, listen to the music and forget the setup. I will try this recommandation. It's just an hobby. And a great one.  :thumb:

Pierre

Oui, c'est vraiment.

We all have A.N. to varying degrees. If there's a chronic condition to have, it's A.N.
 :thumb:

Mag

« Reply #399 on: 27 Jan 2017, 01:36 am »
Okay I've listened to my BCD-3 for 4 weeks now as of tomorrow.

IMO with good recording mixes that I'm familiar, the transparency with the BCD-3 exceeds that of my BDP-1, BDA-1,SP-2 combo significantly. So I haven't even fired up my BDP-1 and BDA-1 since I got it. Still use the SP-2 but in bypass mode with the BCD-3 at above average Spl of approx. 92 to 95 decibels 100 decibels 'C' weighted. :smoke: