Salt Lake City X5s?

jnschneyer

Salt Lake City X5s?
« on: 5 Mar 2022, 02:46 am »
Hi,

I hope this is an appropriate query for this forum.  I'm debating between the X4s and X5s.  I had a chance to hear a pair of X4s at Spatial Audio with about 200 hours on them and they were awesome.  I had a chance to listen to the X5s there as well, but they had only 10 hours on them and it clearly was not enough time to give them a fair shake.  I'm wondering if there's anyone in the Salt Lake City area who owns a  pair of broken-in X5s who could stand me intruding on him or her for a listen.  I realize what I'm asking is quite an imposition, and I apologize for that.  I'm pretty sure I've done all the reading and YouTube watching there is to be done.  I'd love to be able to hear a something close to broken-in pair to make a completely, or at least more, informed decision.  I guess that's it.  Thanks.

Josh

Spatial Audio

Re: Salt Lake City X5s?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Mar 2022, 05:29 am »
Hi,

I hope this is an appropriate query for this forum.  I'm debating between the X4s and X5s.  I had a chance to hear a pair of X4s at Spatial Audio with about 200 hours on them and they were awesome.  I had a chance to listen to the X5s there as well, but they had only 10 hours on them and it clearly was not enough time to give them a fair shake.  I'm wondering if there's anyone in the Salt Lake City area who owns a  pair of broken-in X5s who could stand me intruding on him or her for a listen.  I realize what I'm asking is quite an imposition, and I apologize for that.  I'm pretty sure I've done all the reading and YouTube watching there is to be done.  I'd love to be able to hear a something close to broken-in pair to make a completely, or at least more, informed decision.  I guess that's it.  Thanks.

Josh

Hi Josh,

We have a local X5 customer who said he would be happy to demo them for you. Email me at clayton@spatialaudiolab.com and I will hook you up.

Clayton

jnschneyer

Re: Salt Lake City X5s?
« Reply #2 on: 5 Mar 2022, 06:07 am »
Hi, Clayton,

Thank you and whomever it is very much.  I was just persecuting the preternaturally patient Cloud earlier today in the hopes there might’ve been one in the shop.  Of course, as you well know, there is not.  I’ll email you in the morning. Thanks again.

Josh