Tweeter Land

2bigears

Tweeter Land
« on: 15 Dec 2021, 07:57 pm »
 :D hello AC peeps in the know.  I just bought a used set of M3's from Cali. A very nice gent sold them to me up here in Canada. Fedex was real bad. Took so long.  Anyway, after my 2nd listening with the speakers I blew a tweeter.  Is the tweeter a Peerless DA32 ?  Parts Express has them in stock. Any help thanks much.   :D

geerock

Re: Tweeter Land
« Reply #1 on: 15 Dec 2021, 09:06 pm »
Clayton and others can answer that but what you need to ask yourself is why did that tweeter fry?

loki7177

« Reply #2 on: 15 Dec 2021, 09:07 pm »
It is not a stock tweeter.  It is custom made for Spatial to their specs.  Reach out to Clayton for a replacement.

2bigears

« Reply #3 on: 15 Dec 2021, 09:19 pm »
 :D looks like a 32 to me. :D
« Last Edit: 16 Dec 2021, 01:12 am by 2bigears »

Spatial Audio

« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2021, 09:27 pm »
:D looks like a 32 to me. China made sticker removed means it's custom ?  I do question everything. Like walking outta your financial advisors office he/she says " I could be wrong" .... I have reached out.  :D

Since you bought them used, you are not likely to know about the components used in our designs. The tweeter is based on the Peerless DA32 chassis, but has a number of modifications to extend its bandwidth and power handling.

As with any product issue, you should contact the factory directly for support at support@spatialaudiolab.com, rather than making a forum topic of it. We back up our products 100%, so we are happy to take care of any problems.

Thanks,
Clayton Shaw
Spatial Audio Lab

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 15 Dec 2021, 09:53 pm »
:D looks like a 32 to me. China made sticker removed means it's custom ?  I do question everything. Like walking outta your financial advisors office he/she says " I could be wrong" .... I have reached out.  :D
PS Audio just announced today that their new FR30 which sells for $30k is completely made and assembled in China so what does it matter?   :P

franSSS

« Reply #6 on: 17 Dec 2021, 05:17 pm »
With all the rumbling in China not sure if it will be in PS Audios favor in the very near future.....

2bigears

« Reply #7 on: 17 Dec 2021, 07:35 pm »
 :D 30,000.00 dollars ?  Who buys this shit ?  Anyway the tweeter is working cutting in and out. Spatial is sending a replacement so very fast service. I was told the warranty was transferable. I was told wrong. Not sure how a simple motor device can cut in and out ?  These things are super simple. Mass produced in good old china home of slave labor and gain of function.   :D

« Last Edit: 18 Dec 2021, 12:25 am by 2bigears »

2bigears

« Reply #8 on: 18 Dec 2021, 12:31 am »
 :D  Took the Peerless tweeter apart on the M3 but really nothing to see. Put it back in the speaker and it does the same thing ,, it's cutting in and out in a frequent fashion.  still works, but it's not well.  anyone have this same trouble ??  3 hours play time since it's long trip from Cali to BC,Canada. One speaker went to Ontario [it's the one the tweet does not work] and one came straight here from Calgary[Cow Town] leaves one feeling like Santa ain't coming this year ??    ha.   Hoping the new tweeter fixes the trouble.   :D

Audiosaurusrex

« Reply #9 on: 18 Dec 2021, 12:49 am »
:D  Took the Peerless tweeter apart on the M3 but really nothing to see. Put it back in the speaker and it does the same thing ,, it's cutting in and out in a frequent fashion.  still works, but it's not well.  anyone have this same trouble ??  3 hours play time since it's long trip from Cali to BC,Canada. One speaker went to Ontario [it's the one the tweet does not work] and one came straight here from Calgary[Cow Town] leaves one feeling like Santa ain't coming this year ??    ha.   Hoping the new tweeter fixes the trouble.   :D
Curious, are these the early model M3’s without the outboard crossover? what is your amp? How loud do you listen? I have the M3’s since 2019 with no issues, I’m using an Octave V70 Class A and listen 87-90dbs tops. I think I remember reading about someone else having an issue with their peerless. Clayton was very responsive and addressed it immediately.

2bigears

« Reply #10 on: 18 Dec 2021, 01:39 am »
 :D no, it's the newer model with o/b x-over. my pass lab x250 was always well in class A. wasn't a killer volume death. the tweet looks fine but cuts in and out in a scratchy fashion. new tweet on the way. I sure hope that's the fix. I had tweet problems last speaker buy too. no covers on the ribbons so the tinfoil broke of course.  good lord,, 'tweeter land' blows.  :D