Remote Control Mod for kits - Tweak

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Remote Control Mod for kits - Tweak
« on: 14 Apr 2003, 05:23 pm »
Hello!

Last week while playing with installing a remote control mod I discovered something that makes adjusting belt tension a bit easier. The Seiden Shaft is 0.238" (metric) and the pulley that goes on that shaft is 0.25" so when it is tightened it moves a bit as it is turned. This has the affect of adjusting the belt tension as the pulley turns and it makes it a bit tricky to get the belt tension set.

An easy way to ease this problem is to place a small piece of black electrical tape on the shaft. I found that it worked well to cover only 1/2 of the diameter of the shaft and place the pulley on so that the 2 set screws were on the side of the shaft not covered with tape. The thickness of the tape was just right to fit the pulley on center so the belt tension no longer changing as it rotated.

If you have already installed the remote mod without doing this don't worry about it! Just wanted to pass it on for those who have not yet done the mod. I will change the web instructions for the remote mod as soon as I get time.

Thanks!

John Chapman
www.bentaudio.com