Remote switch

rodneyAB

Remote switch
« on: 16 Jun 2004, 04:38 pm »
Hi John
with all the talk about remote control...I was just thinking how much I like the "feel" of the big brass knob I made on the volume switch, and wondering if I were so inclined, what would it take to have a second volume control switch to manipulate the sender control. so rather push buttons on a hand set, have the knob and rotary switch remotely placed, sending the command to the preamp's rotary switch. I realize extra expense for two volume switches...but just curious

John Chapman

• Facilitator
    • http://www.bentaudio.com
Remote switch
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jun 2004, 07:23 pm »
Hello!

This would be possible a couple ways - but quite a job to do.... If you want the switch to spin like the knob on the front it is like a servo system and that would be a bit tricky by ir remote.

You could have the knob on the remote unit run a rotary switch that only turns a bit right or left to command volume up/down. I would think this would not any better feel than a button really as it would be a bit tricky to turn and hold for up down - no better than holding a button really...

Bottom like is it might be a cool project if you are into digital stuff but it is not one I'll get to any time soon!

Thansk!

John