Dirct X plug in for Foobar (or Winamp)

Brucemck

Dirct X plug in for Foobar (or Winamp)
« on: 24 Dec 2006, 01:14 pm »

I'd like to try the Burwen Bobcat software (pre SRC in the processing chain) with my Turbo II ... but it requires a Directx connection to work if not using Windows media as the player ... can someone here help me find a Directx plug in for Foobar?

A second choice would be  a directx connection for Winamp, which I'm told I can configure to use ASIO and SRC

Brucemck

Re: Dirct X plug in for Foobar (or Winamp)
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2007, 08:00 pm »
Steve, did manage to get DirectX to work in J River Media Center.  J River's got terrific sound even via DirectOutput ... much better than Winamp in my system, and, on a par with Foobar via ASIO wi SRC.

Three questions.

I'm having trouble in J River getting 24/96 via ASIO to work.  Player indicates it's working, but, Turbo 2 won't recognize it.  If I reset J River to 16 (or 24) and 44.1, and reset the MAudio to 44.1, all works fine. 

Is there (1) a more current M Audio driver I might try, and, (2) any easy way to "check" whether J River is indeed sending 24/96 to the Transit?  Other users of J River and MAudio indicate they get good results with 24/96 and ASIO, so suspect it's something in my system.

(3) Do you know if the "DirectOutput" option does all the goofy down/re sampling stuff in Kmixer, etc., in a new XP system?  Put differently, what's the "processing path difference" between an ASIO output and a "DirectOutput"?

Thanks.

btw -- Turbo 2 is an amazing product.  I'm not going back to my egregiously expensive transport.

EDIT: Got J River to work fine using new build version 12 rather than old version 11.  Media Center 12 has great sound via 24/96 ASIO
« Last Edit: 5 Feb 2007, 11:46 pm by Brucemck »