Duke: Will you be an exhibitor at RMAF this year?

Mrmb

Duke: Will you be an exhibitor at RMAF this year?
« on: 24 Jun 2012, 12:20 am »
If so, what do you plan on demonstrating?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Duke: Will you be an exhibitor at RMAF this year?
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jun 2012, 12:31 am »
Hopefully his Thunderchild.

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
« Reply #2 on: 24 Jun 2012, 12:53 am »
If so, what do you plan on demonstrating?

Hopefully his Thunderchild.

Ha!  Thanks, jtwrace! 

Unfortunately I'm not currently planning to exhibit at RMAF.   Still trying to move to Texas, anybody want a good deal on a nice little house in Napoleon Dynamite's hometown??

Okay, the main factor is this:  Probably 80% of my business these days is in prosound, and I've essentially had a steady stream of orders since I started doing bass guitar cabs a little less than two years ago.   I still get home audio orders, but by far most of my energy goes into the prosound side.   So as I look at the cost of RMAF in time and dollars, vs. having a full schedule of work anyway, I think it makes more sense for me to stay home and work.  Now I do thoroughly enjoy high-end audio shows so I expect to do RMAF again at some point, but not this year.

Actually, my wife wants us to exhibit a pair of the Thunderchild 115 bass cabs at a high-end audio show, and that just might happen at some point; they're designed using the same basic approach as what I've been doing in home audio, but with more attention paid to power handling and portability. 

Mrmb

It will be my 1st. time at RMAF and was hoping to hear Duke's loudspeakers..... 

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 24 Jun 2012, 03:48 am »
I think you should ask Marjorie if you can supply the Thunderchild to the live music (bass player of course) and then get a comp room to you as many audiophiles play the bass too.   :green:  Sounds like a win-win.   :wink:

Satxhifi

« Reply #5 on: 28 Jun 2012, 01:34 am »
Care to mention where in Texas?

Best,

Dave

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
« Reply #6 on: 29 Jun 2012, 06:59 pm »
Care to mention where in Texas?

We're looking north of Dallas, like Plano or McKinney.   Seems to be a nice combination of relatively good local economy and relatively low home prices. 

TomS

« Reply #7 on: 29 Jun 2012, 07:23 pm »
We're looking north of Dallas, like Plano or McKinney.   Seems to be a nice combination of relatively good local economy and relatively low home prices.
Good luck Duke! My brother has lived in Plano for 28 years and they've been very happy there.