V Sonics and Master Set

stvnharr

V Sonics and Master Set
« on: 1 May 2009, 11:49 pm »
Hello,
As I just mentioned in the long Master Set thread I have reset Hugh's speakers with quite a noticeable improvement all around. I'd just like to make mention here of how good I find the V Sonics speakers to be in musical performance.
One of the steps in Master Set is isolating one speaker and smoothing out the bass line. My previous experiences with different speakers in different rooms always began with some noticeable differences in the bass notes in the BoaRH verses. Doing MS is actually easier when this occurs.  But with the VSonics, the bass line is very smooth top to bottom from the get go even in the starting position against the wall. This is of course in line with a well done TL designed speaker. All I can say is WOW.

The V Sonics uses an 8 inch woofer, and that really pushes the design limits in a two way, a low crossover point and robust tweeter are required.  But the speaker comes off real well.  This is a well designed and well performing speaker.  When I got the second speaker in the matching position, everything just came together, in the way that Master Set will lock things together and give you the maximum performance from the speaker and amp. The music sounded REAL.
I checked the Master Set with a disc that I've had for years, and know as well as any disc I have. I've heard the music done live in concert a week before the recording was made. I was quite impressed by what I heard from the MkII amp-VSonics combo.

Anyway, just wanted to add something separate about the speaker. The V Sonics is a good choice, if you're considering a new speaker. It's a goer!