VMPS RM-30 Thoughts upgrade or sale

Jstower

Re: VMPS RM-30 Thoughts upgrade or sale
« Reply #20 on: 15 May 2021, 08:24 pm »

I found a DynamiCap by TRT Capacitor 10.0uF 310Vdc Electronic at https://www.partsconnexion.com/DYNACAP-64040.html but the price ($89.90) makes me think I could find somthing cheaper or go with a miniDSP and make it active - I have the OXO and actually modified it some so I have a switch to Bi-Amp with the Behringer 2496 - Brian's digilog idea -  I never quite liked it and it was messy working with the Behringer but I am thinking I could do better with minDSP and maybe even go 3 way active

What is the switch for? I have used the Behringer 2496  to Biamp or  tri-amp my Vmps speakers , and basically all you use the crossover for, is to protect the tweeters.

tbrooke

« Reply #21 on: 15 May 2021, 11:32 pm »
I had the Behringer before the corssover and ran the Tweeter and midrange off one amp through the crossover and the bass with another amp and the switch made the bass go straight through without going through the crossover - I was controlling the high pass with the 2496- I guess I could have done the same thing by going straight into the speaker from the bass amp and the other going through the crossover for the tweeter and midrange- I was afraid to run an amp straight into the tweeter

Bob Stark

« Reply #22 on: 16 May 2021, 01:59 am »
TBrooke,

To remove the covers on the 10" hole on the side, lay the speaker on its side.  Put both your thumbs slightly apart outside the cover on the cabinet.  Use all 8 of your fingers at the same time in an arc under the inside lip of the cover as best you can.  Curl your fingers so they hold the inside edge and use STEADY pressure and lift the rim of the cover.  Do this a couple times in the same spot.  Then rotate your position so you are in the next available spot and do this again twice.  Work your way around the inside of the cover doing this until it finally gives up and pops out. 
Now that you've had success, do the other speaker like that.  It will be tough, but it does work, eventually.  If your hands are sore, you may have to make a second try at around the world to do this.  I did not ruin the cover or the cloth doing mine.  Good lock.

Bob