RMAF 2014, TCG memorial dinner, golf outing, etc.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
RMAF 2014, TCG memorial dinner, golf outing, etc.
« on: 9 Apr 2014, 03:33 pm »
It's time to plan for the 2014 Rocky Mountain Audio Fest.

I will be there.

I am planning on getting 2 rounds (Thursday afternoon and Friday morning) of golf again.  We did Arrowhead and Hawk Ridge last year.  Arrowhead has a gorgeous layout and I would like play it (on Thursday afternoon) and one of the Castle Pine area course (on Friday morning) again.  This area is only 10-15 minutes away from the hotel and makes it easy to play and get to RMAF for Friday noon opening without missing much.  Who wants to play?

Last year's inaugural TCG memorial dinner was a great success and I would like to continue the tradition.  Dinners at Shanahan's have been going on for a few years but we are now honoring it after John, the late Chair Guy.  He particularly enjoyed the mushrooms which is now a must order.  Figure about $70 without and $100 with wine.  Check out the menu.  I have gotten better at this and now you only pay for what you eat and drink unlike one year when we split the bill evenly which was not fair to some who did not eat as much or drink.  We had to wait last year as I didn't reserve enough seating for the party.  I would like to avoid that.  So I will need a good headcount.
« Last Edit: 12 Aug 2014, 05:00 pm by woodsyi »

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: RMAF 2014, TCG memorial dinner, golf outing, etc.
« Reply #1 on: 9 Apr 2014, 05:09 pm »
Rim,
Count me in for the dinner (last years was great fun).  I'd love to tee it up with you, too, but too early to tell if I can get there on Wed or Thurs.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #2 on: 9 Apr 2014, 07:57 pm »
Count me in for the dinner, of course.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
Possible airfare discount to RMAF 2014
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2014, 05:08 pm »
Frontier Airline has 25% discount on flights during the time RMAF happens.  It ends May 23.  Use promo code U6MHPJRKX.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
I need a head count for the 2nd Annual TCG Memorial Dinner at the Shanahan's.   I made one for 6 through Open Table but a larger number needs to be called in.

It will be Saturday the October 11th at 7PM.

I got Tyson, Ted B, Pez (I assume) and Klaus and Irina (I would think).

Please post if you want to join in on remembering the late John Evanthes AKA The Chair Guy.

I have a system in place where you order food and drinks you want and pay for what you order and no more. 
So while the price is high for a steak dinner (~$100 for an entree,  a side, salad and a starter) the food is really good and the company has been exceptional.  :thumb:

P.S.  Let me know if you are interested in playing golf on Thursday afternoon and Friday morning.  We can too Arrowhead again on Thursday or another one.  Saturday has to be one in the Castle Rock area as it is only 15 minutes from the Show. 

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2014, 06:46 pm »
Hi! It would be nice to meet more AC'ers, count me in for dinner. Thanks!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 12 Aug 2014, 07:05 pm »
Hi! It would be nice to meet more AC'ers, count me in for dinner. Thanks!

Very good, Dave.  We will talk enough ZenWave to make it a business dinner for you.  8)

We usually get together at the Lift Bar (Marriott) at 6:30 and walk over together.

Looking forward to having you there.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 11 Sep 2014, 07:54 pm »
I have to give up golf this year.  :cry:

I just had a follow up with my doctor and I don't have a clear to swing golf clubs for at least another 3 weeks.  It's been 4 weeks since I broke my clavicle.  So, it will be 7 weeks at least that I will have not played golf.  I have to go back 25 years to find a longer period when I did not play golf.  :evil:  He showed be where the bone is broken in 2 places near the A/C joint.  There is still too much blackness showing on the x-ray.  Doc says he need to see more white (indicating bone growth) before he gives me the clear.

The dinner is still on. :wine:

Any more folks want to join us to celebrate TCG?  Shanahans  have not disappointed me yet with their food.  It's really good! :thumb:

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 11 Sep 2014, 08:00 pm »
Rim,
So sorry bout the golf hiatus (and pain, no doubt).  I had an 8 week break due to a major meniscus tear and surgery.  I wear an offloading brace when active, and finally back on the course.

Look forward to dinner with friends.  :)

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #9 on: 11 Sep 2014, 08:04 pm »
Thanks for organizing woodsyi!  :thumb:

I managed to dislocate my shoulder this summer... luckily it didn't come with a broken clavicle, but it was close. I hope you heal up quickly and fully!  :D

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 30 Sep 2014, 08:53 am »
Rim,

Sorry to hear that  and the pain involved I assume - if still not too late, count me in for dinner Saturday night. I assume Klaus and Irina are attending but better get his confirmation directly for sure.

Thanks,

Alex

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 30 Sep 2014, 11:49 am »
Rim,

Sorry to hear that  and the pain involved I assume - if still not too late, count me in for dinner Saturday night. I assume Klaus and Irina are attending but better get his confirmation directly for sure.

Thanks,

Alex

It will be a pleasure, Alex.  I will confirm with Klaus.

roscoeiii

« Reply #12 on: 30 Sep 2014, 02:26 pm »
Room for more at the dinner? If not there, I look forward to seeing many ACers at my first RMAF this year!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 30 Sep 2014, 02:51 pm »
Room for more at the dinner? If not there, I look forward to seeing many ACers at my first RMAF this year!

Sure,  come on down.  The more the merrier!  I will call and change the reservation.

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 30 Sep 2014, 05:07 pm »
Rim, count me out, sorry.  I am finding now that I am having follow up procedure on my knee (slightly invasive re-exam and OrthoVisc injection) next week so I am not attending RMAF.  See any of you at CES in January....thx
Ted

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 30 Sep 2014, 05:37 pm »
Rim, count me out, sorry.  I am finding now that I am having follow up procedure on my knee (slightly invasive re-exam and OrthoVisc injection) next week so I am not attending RMAF.  See any of you at CES in January....thx
Ted

That's a bummer, Ted.  You sure you don't want to come after with a crutch?  I hear Colorado has great pain management regimen available now.  8)

Take care of yourself and let's be well next year so we can get a round or two in.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #16 on: 1 Oct 2014, 06:37 pm »

Roscoe,

looking forward to meeting you. I arrive Wednesday and depart Sunday morning. I'm staying at the HGI next door to Marriott.

Best,

Laura

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: 1 Oct 2014, 07:08 pm »
Head count for dinner so far.

Me, Tyson, Pez, Klaus, Irina, DaveC113, Alex G, rocoeiii.

I just called and changed the reservation to 10.  We had to wait and sit in the bar area last year because more people came than I reserved seats for.  I am making sure we get seated right away this year.  So we can drink and eat more, better, sooner!  :lol:

That's 8 so far.  Come on and join us.  Only things required are to eat mushrooms and toast to the memory of the late Chairguy.  He couldn't believe how good the mushrooms were and how quickly he got drunk on a glass of wine at the altitude.  Here is to you, John, wherever you are chilling now! :wine: