My Introduction

jwjarch

My Introduction
« on: 14 Nov 2020, 05:26 am »
Hello Everyone,

I have been interested in GR Research products since watching many of the YouTube videos from Danny and Ron at New Record Day.  I am putting together a dedicated listening room/home theater and have decided to build the speakers using the GR Research kits. More to come in my next thread on that. I am very excited to have found this forum. Looking forward to bouncing many ideas off of everyone here and maybe learning a thing or two along the way.

Cheers,
Jon

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: My Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2020, 04:44 pm »
Welcome to Audio Circle!
Im excited to see how your projects grow and develop!  :thumb:

jwjarch

« Reply #2 on: 14 Nov 2020, 09:21 pm »
Thank you Hobbs! I’ve read so many of your threads and posts already. Giving me a lot of great info on Danny’s kits.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2020, 01:05 am »
Welcome aboard.

I do feel obliged to warn you that this becomes addicting. Enter at your own peril.....  :icon_twisted:

jwjarch

« Reply #4 on: 15 Nov 2020, 05:37 am »
I hear you Hobbs. I should have seeked help years ago. I’ve been spending most of my time on amplifiers lately. Lots of projects from diyAudio.com like the First Watt F7 clone and Amp Camp Amp, ALPHA 20W by Hugh Dean and XRK971, the Babelfish J2 by ZenMod. And of course I have parts and pcb’s for many more. I’ll be forever switching between amp projects on my 2 channel system.  :icon_lol:

jwjarch

« Reply #5 on: 15 Nov 2020, 05:42 am »
Hi mlundy. Just realized you replied to my post. Yep, I’m already addicted to this wonderful world of audio. Looking forward to the next one!

Skilly

« Reply #6 on: 15 Nov 2020, 06:14 am »
Welcome to the Forum. I think you will find many helpful voices here. There are regular readers who know just about everything there is to know about DIY speakers. I urge you to share your questions, and photos. Have no fear about newbie questions too. You will find that the members are kindhearted and patient.

It sounds like you are comfortable with the wood working component but there are some top notch builder willing to opine about what might work well with particular wood or finishing. I look forward to seeing your project in the future.