What amp for your Salk Speakers?

Wind Chaser

Re: What amp for your Salk Speakers?
« Reply #180 on: 7 Feb 2016, 09:38 pm »
I've been caught before purchasing equipment without listening to it and then later regretted buying it.

But make sure you hear it in the context of your own gear in your own room. It's one thing to hear a product in a show room or someone else's home and be fairly impressed, however that favorable impression doesn't always transfer into your own environment.

conanb

D-Sonic amp for your Salk Speakers?
« Reply #181 on: 8 Feb 2016, 08:37 am »
A cool and powerful class-D amp.

The dynamic range and low noise floor ... is better than my reference and 1/5th the cost.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0216/D_Sonic_M3_3000S_Dual_Mono_Amplifier_Review.htm

:thumb:

Rocket

« Reply #182 on: 8 Feb 2016, 11:08 am »
Hi Wind Taker,

Thank you for clarifying my advice as this is what I meant.  Sometimes a component sounds just different and really is no better.  Happy search.

Cheers Rod

Wind Chaser

« Reply #183 on: 8 Feb 2016, 08:15 pm »
Thank you for clarifying my advice as this is what I meant.  Sometimes a component sounds just different and really is no better. 

You're welcome. :thumb:

And sometimes a component isn't merely different, but not as good as what you already have. That has happened to me a few times.

drhoon

« Reply #184 on: 9 Feb 2016, 08:42 pm »
What's a good amp to drive wow1? I already have a dac.

srb

« Reply #185 on: 9 Feb 2016, 08:47 pm »
What's a good amp to drive wow1? I already have a dac.

Schiit Ragnarok  ;)

drhoon

« Reply #186 on: 9 Feb 2016, 10:21 pm »
Schiit Ragnarok  ;)

I sold it T_T

volsfan846

« Reply #187 on: 11 Feb 2016, 02:46 pm »
Third user of the Crowns, mine is the new 2502 model. I only got one so I have to live with only 775 watts into the 4 ohm load  :o :o. I didn't want to bridge it, I was afraid it could see a load down to the 2 or 2.5 ohm load and fry it since it only sees half the impedance running in bridged mode.

I have only had the speakers and amp together for 3 days, but so far I am loving it. I certainly haven't seen a need for more power. And my HT3's are in a room 25'x20' with a 14' ceiling.

billmcc

Re: D-Sonic amp for your Salk Speakers?
« Reply #188 on: 14 Feb 2016, 06:32 pm »
A cool and powerful class-D amp.

The dynamic range and low noise floor ... is better than my reference and 1/5th the cost.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/0216/D_Sonic_M3_3000S_Dual_Mono_Amplifier_Review.htm

:thumb:

I'm very happy powering my 1801TLs with a pair of Wyred 4 Sound SX-500s. Abundance of power in my small room, dead quiet and are cool to the touch even when running 24/7. I do prefer the look of the D-Sonic amps but all the W4S amps I have were bought used at very good prices :).

Bill