Found a good price on a Philips CD Pro 2, but now what?

Hantra

All:

Has anyone built anything around the CD Pro 2?  I know there are a couple of kits available, but they are quite expensive coming out of Europe.  I found a good deal on the mechanism, but I don't have the expertise to build it without instruction. . .

Thx!

B

Ferdi

Found a good price on a Philips CD Pro 2, but now what?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2003, 11:53 pm »
Hi Hantra, you seem very active in replacing everything. :D

I don't remember all the details but believe that either www.daisylaser.com or www.daisylaser.nl is the website for a dutch enthousiast who sells the Pro2 and also provides some support. Somehow you can get support through 1 site and not through the other. Let me know if you need any help with the dutch. (can't see why, most everyone I meet speaks dutch but your never know  :mrgreen: )

Another way to approach this is to look around at www.diyaudio.com. Some guys there have built their own transports using this mechanism. Seems like a friendly bunch (mostly).

Techically, I am not much use to you.  :(  I am willing to learn so please keep us posted on your progress.

TimS

Re: Found a good price on a Philips CD Pro 2, but now what?
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2003, 02:50 am »
Quote from: Hantra
All:

Has anyone built anything around the CD Pro 2?  I know there are a couple of kits available, but they are quite expensive coming out of Europe.  I found a good deal on the mechanism, but I don't have the expertise to build it without instruction. . .

Also check the forum at www.echoloft.com for other enthusiasts who have built the CDPRO2 kit.  

Tim