If you ever wanted a deal on LS-6 or LS-9 kits now is your chance.

freerider

I'm glad I grabbed my LS6 cabinets while I had the chance.  It looked like AV123 was in a downward spiral, based on the liquidation type articles they were selling.

I was wondering, how come the GR Research website doesn't have LS6 or 9 packages and plans listed, if Danny is the designer and seller?  Was there an exclusivity deal with AV123?  Will they be available, now that AV123 is no more?  Just curious....

kingdeezie

I don't think there was an exclusivity deal with AV123, they just were offering them completely assembled for a decent price.

I think if someone really wanted a pair they could get Fallen Enclosures to work something out; but don't quote me on that.

I think logisitcally they are not easy to mass produce. AV123 hit a major snag here, and was one of the things that led to their demise.

I waited almost two years for a pair of LS9s that I had ordered. In the end I opted for a pair of LS6s because they were in stock, and the writing was on the wall.

Glad I got out when I did, I might have never gotten anything.

I just replaced the stock AV123 crossover with a Response Audio custom crossover to amazing results. When I get some free time I'd like to do a whole post on it in case anyone was looking into other options. 

Bizarroterl

This is your last chance to get anything av123 may have had left in stock:

http://www.dickensheet.com/auctions/view/42

Cacophonix

This is your last chance to get anything av123 may have had left in stock:

http://www.dickensheet.com/auctions/view/42

I'm sure the ones who buy up the stock at this auction will offer it to the general public later on. You probably will have to pay a bit more ...

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
Actually, they are albeit a little harder to handle due to their larger size(s).

The thing is nobody works for free so...you got the picture.

I'd love to hear your impressions of Bill's networks once you got enough hours on them.

Thanks,
I don't think there was an exclusivity deal with AV123, they just were offering them completely assembled for a decent price.

I think if someone really wanted a pair they could get Fallen Enclosures to work something out; but don't quote me on that.

I think logisitcally they are not easy to mass produce. AV123 hit a major snag here, and was one of the things that led to their demise.

I waited almost two years for a pair of LS9s that I had ordered. In the end I opted for a pair of LS6s because they were in stock, and the writing was on the wall.

I just replaced the stock AV123 crossover with a Response Audio custom crossover to amazing results. When I get some free time I'd like to do a whole post on it in case anyone was looking into other options.

freerider

When you opened the LS6 to replace the crossover, what kind of acoustic dampening material was in there?  Also, do you know if they used the same crossover components that sell in Danny's kit?

The reason I ask, is because I just auditioned an AV123 sourced LS6 pair, and I'm wondering if it will sound the same as Danny's crossover kit with NoRez.

HT cOz

I still can't believe it totally imploded for the reasons it did. I feel like such a huge opportunity was wasted.

My Onix H6550 with Ninja Rocket 750s were sweet!

Oh well my GR AV3 Neos will play much nicer with my amp...

Now what would those rockets be like with 500w of classD goodness?  That could be interesting.  Dang UPS destroyed them anyway. 

Rant off
Robert

SoCalWJS

I would love to hear your impressions! I already replaced the caps (from Danny), but had planned on replacing them with Ninja's at some point - looking for alternatives. They seem kinda pricey

Savage

Most of the auction stuff is large lots beyond the scope of what anyone can personally use, however, there are a whole bunch of LS6 cabinets that are just sold by the pair, I think they were all on pages 7 & 8.

I just sent the following question to the auctioneer.

I am interested in the av123 auction, however I need to know who's receiving the proceeds. As MLS was indicted for charity fraud, and there are so many customers defrauded who never received products or will it go to secured creditors?. To me it makes a huge difference whether the proceeds go to the defrauded charities, or will it just line MLS's bankroll?

I'll post their answer.

Danny Richie

Proceeds of the auction go to the creditors.

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion

Yes, Sir!

I built these 2 pair for AV123 about a year ago.

« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2010, 06:41 am by Outofthewoods »

devste

Can anyone tell me what the weight of the bare LS6 and LS9 cabinets from av123 are?

Please let me know for each individual cabinet and for each type of speaker.

Thanks

Outofthewoods

• Industry Participant
  • Fallen Enclosures, Inc. Crafted with Passion
Can anyone tell me what the weight of the bare LS6 and LS9 cabinets from av123 are?

Please let me know for each individual cabinet and for each type of speaker.

Thanks

The LS-9's are approx. 125-150 lbs. each.

China built 9's were more dense and thus heavier then Colombia's. There was a fairly significant weight difference between the two.

Ruben

devste

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know what the bare weight for the china built and cali built LS6's are per individual cabinet?

Thanks

Savage

I talked to Christina at length from Dickensheet, av123's auction company. I think if you have any questions, she would be more than happy to help, at least to be able to do a visual inspection. I gave her a bit of a rundown of who they were and also how things went down. They really had no clue of what they had or who they were dealing with. She's now getting up to speed to better answer your questions. I did give her some leads of people and forums to talk to, so don't be surprised if you see a post from her here. I know, to get the best prices, it's better not to invite competition, but with this quick of a sale, I think deals will abound. I'm sure some creditors would like to see this stuff not just given away, so they can recoup some money. Also, I thought if someone reputable picks these up, there may be another source of parts in the future. But don't forget about the Santiago family shipment Danny's importing.

Danny is right, secured creditors are first. She told me the landlord wants them to be out of the building by the first of the month, which is why this came so fast. I think with the short lead time and the way the lots were grouped, I doubt they're going to raise that much money. I could see out-of-state purchasers bidding on a lot, and then asking for the one or two things they really want to be shipped, and ask that the rest just to be thrown away as a lot of it is hardly worth shipping. There's lots of single speaker cabinets grouped with other single speaker cabinets. Kind of like selling a lot of differing Left shoes, without the soles. I'm not quite sure who's in the market for that. She had spoke to their lawyer and has a letter I suggested she post as if this money was going to go towards legal expenses, I would be less likely to buy, unless I was able to get something just super cheap. He did also say some of the money would be used for winding down business expenses, then if anything is left, to reimburse customers that haven't received product. The lawyer is controlling where the money goes, so I guess that's a good thing.

Unless someone local buys the LS6 and LS9 cabinets, I can't imagine a reseller paying shipping, and then the final customer to pay shipping as well. It just would be too cost prohibitive. Unless someone in a nearby state rents a large truck, so the first wave of shipping wouldn't be so expensive. If your local, then I think these large speakers could be purchased at a real nice low price.

They must have about 100 MFW15's, all without amps. If they were auctioning off good working amps for these subs, they would raise a bunch of cash. Otherwise you can buy one of these and do Seaton's $700 Turbo upgrade, or Danny has hinted he may have something in the future, but I don't think he's at a point to release the details. Any vague ideas what you might have in store for these boxes, and a price window you may be able to share with us, Danny?

Bizarroterl

So for a pair of LS6 cabinets how much No-Rez and Polyfill should I get?   :scratch:

Danny Richie

Also, do you know if they used the same crossover components that sell in Danny's kit?

Almost the same.

So for a pair of LS6 cabinets how much No-Rez and Polyfill should I get?   :scratch:

You'll need at least 8 sheets of No Rez (maybe 9). Poly fill is also used from the back of the box to the front port flare. It is loosely laid in, but it is a big box, so it does use a lot of it.

mhawic

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know what the bare weight for the china built and cali built LS6's are per individual cabinet?

Thanks

I bought one of the last birdseye maple ls6 cabinets.  China built, came with ports, sides lined with felt, and polyfill in the back of cabinets and tweeter box.  Weight 106 lbs each without grill

devste

thanks for the info mhawic. 

Have a great night.

Bizarroterl

If I lived in Colorado I'd seriously be thinking of buying all the AV123 LS6 cabinets in the auction and reselling them here on AudioCircle.  Since I live in N. CA it's just too far to drive to pick them up. :(