GR Research Owner's Audition List

WarmColors

Re: GR Research Owner's Audition List
« Reply #120 on: 1 Mar 2020, 05:34 am »
jaytor (Jay)
Portland, OR
NX-Otica and triple OB servo subs.

Anyone interested in auditioning these, send me a PM. I only finished the speakers a couple weeks ago, so they are probably still breaking in. Also waiting on some GIK acoustic panels and drapes to complete the listening room, but they are already sounding great. Everything should be in place by mid-January.

Digital only (Roon with Tidal): Bryston BDP-2 -> Schiit Yggradsil -> Parasound JC-2 -> Parasound JC-5

- Jay

I live in the Portland area, I am considering buying NX Oticas MTM. Will you consider opening up your beautiful home so i can listen to NX Oticas?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #121 on: 1 Mar 2020, 03:52 pm »
If anyone in the Orlando area has any available for a listening session, I'd love to to take yall up on the offer!

Jaytor

« Reply #122 on: 1 Mar 2020, 04:00 pm »
I live in the Portland area, I am considering buying NX Oticas MTM. Will you consider opening up your beautiful home so i can listen to NX Oticas?
Sure, PM sent.

rockymystic

« Reply #123 on: 25 Mar 2020, 02:35 pm »
Any one in north Carolina or near by have Nx-Oticas, i live in Raleigh  and would like to audition these before pulling the trigger

Captainhemo

« Reply #124 on: 25 Mar 2020, 03:55 pm »
I know someone  right near you  but probably not the best  time to be planning  auditions/visits.    Hopefully he'll se this and reach out to you so you guyse can maybe plan something  down the road

jay

rockymystic

« Reply #125 on: 25 Mar 2020, 08:26 pm »
I know someone  right near you  but probably not the best  time to be planning  auditions/visits.    Hopefully he'll se this and reach out to you so you guyse can maybe plan something  down the road

jay

Thanks Jay!

reddman71

« Reply #126 on: 27 Apr 2020, 10:10 pm »
I’m interested in auditioning some GR Research speakers. I’m about an hour from Columbia,SC but I’m more than willing to travel once things settle down once again. Thanks.

maddog07

« Reply #127 on: 22 May 2020, 03:23 am »
Looking for some GR-Research speakers to hear in the greater Kansas City Missouri/Kansas area.  Really like to see/hear the NX-Otica's, but any would be appreciated.  Maybe X-LS Encore's.  The A/V-O's look interesting too.  Please give me a shout if you can help me out.

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #128 on: 22 May 2020, 01:56 pm »
Looking for some GR-Research speakers to hear in the greater Kansas City Missouri/Kansas area.  Really like to see/hear the NX-Otica's, but any would be appreciated.  Maybe X-LS Encore's.  The A/V-O's look interesting too.  Please give me a shout if you can help me out.

I’m not that far from you in Tulsa. I have the NX-Otica MTM/dual OB sub combo

rockymystic

« Reply #129 on: 6 Jun 2020, 04:38 pm »

jay

Still waiting for reply, quiet eager to pull the trigger but would like to audition first

Early B.

« Reply #130 on: 6 Jun 2020, 04:53 pm »
Still waiting for reply, quiet eager to pull the trigger but would like to audition first

Why audition first? Just pull the trigger.

You've purchased countless appliances, electronic equipment, tools, clothing, etc. without auditioning them, so why are speakers any different? Besides, you would need to hear the speakers in your house and with your gear to get a proper perspective on how they sound. It's simply not practical. 

Captainhemo

« Reply #131 on: 6 Jun 2020, 06:11 pm »

Everyone seems to be  at different levels of comfort with regards to current   CV situation.  I've sent  an email off to the fellow  with the  speakerssubs,  will let you  know  what  he says.

jay

rockymystic

« Reply #132 on: 6 Jun 2020, 11:31 pm »
Why audition first? Just pull the trigger.

You've purchased countless appliances, electronic equipment, tools, clothing, etc. without auditioning them, so why are speakers any different? Besides, you would need to hear the speakers in your house and with your gear to get a proper perspective on how they sound. It's simply not practical.

Because, for me this is a huge investment and i want to really audition it if there is a possibility , although i do understand that it will sound different at my home based on my components that are in the chain, but it might also give me an idea how can it sound on a different room, gear etc etc, and based on that what can be improved in my system... that's my idea.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #133 on: 7 Jun 2020, 04:02 am »
Speakers are so personal in their sound, it's a really good idea to demo them first if at all possible. 

Saturn94

« Reply #134 on: 7 Jun 2020, 05:04 am »
Speakers are so personal in their sound, it's a really good idea to demo them first if at all possible.

Agreed. :thumb:

SSpringer

« Reply #135 on: 15 Jun 2020, 12:29 pm »
The Criterion New Haven, IND. I have upgrade all speakers wires since this picture

atrken

« Reply #136 on: 29 Jun 2020, 04:47 pm »
Hi all, I'm a newbie and would love to hear some GR Research speakers. I'm in the Nashville TN area, Thanks!

Ryan0348

« Reply #137 on: 7 Jul 2020, 05:12 pm »

Ryan morrow newton ia. Super minis and dual h frame servo subs and 2 rhythmic lv12 in rear of room.  Ps audio direct stream/line level passive biamped/schiit freya preamp/b&k m200 amps for the midrange top end emotiva monoblocks for the side firing m165 base's.
« Last Edit: 7 Jul 2020, 07:43 pm by Ryan0348 »

UtopiaNemo

« Reply #138 on: 9 Aug 2020, 01:03 am »
I was super excited to see this list, and even more, folks in the Portland/Beaverton area who are willing to audition their gear!  Then I remembered we’re in the middle of a pandemic. Well, now I have one more reason to look forward for all this to be over!

arfan

« Reply #139 on: 11 Aug 2020, 12:23 pm »
I'm hooked on the concept of OB servo subs. Anybody in the St. Louis,MO area? This pandemic does get in the way of life.

My system: Magnepan 1.7, Stratos Extreme Mono + +, Audible Illusions M3B(newest version), digital and vinyl sources.