What is the Full Line up for RMAF?

Tmantn

What is the Full Line up for RMAF?
« on: 14 Sep 2009, 02:41 am »
Danny,

Sorry if this seems redundant and I apologize if this has already been addressed, but what "goodies" do we have to look forward to at RMAF?

Danny Richie

Re: What is the Full Line up for RMAF?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2009, 04:14 pm »
There is still a bit of a scramble going on so I will hold off until next week to announce everything. If all goes well this years show will be very good for us. We have hit some home runs there every year, but I think this year we can hit it out of the park.

Stay tuned.

mojave

« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2009, 10:20 pm »
There is still a bit of a scramble going on so I will hold off until next week to announce everything. If all goes well this years show will be very good for us. We have hit some home runs there every year, but I think this year we can hit it out of the park.

Stay tuned.
RMAF is the first stop of a 16 day vacation from Omaha to Los Angeles (and back). Your speakers are the main ones I want to hear. This will be my first time at RMAF and I'm really looking forward to it. Will you also be demoing the Magik Buss and Electra Cables or is it hard to get a feel for these at a venue like this? Will Skiing Ninja be hanging out in your room, too?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2009, 10:43 pm »

Stay tuned.
RMAF is the first stop of a 16 day vacation from Omaha to Los Angeles (and back). Your speakers are the main ones I want to hear. This will be my first time at RMAF and I'm really looking forward to it. Will you also be demoing the Magik Buss and Electra Cables or is it hard to get a feel for these at a venue like this? Will Skiing Ninja be hanging out in your room, too?

Have fun!  Personally, get a Majik or Uber and try it in YOUR house.  Awesome!!!

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 15 Sep 2009, 01:15 am »
Electra Cables and PI Audio is sharing our room so there will be plenty of cables and Majik Buss's (and UberBuss's) to go around.

I am sure Sean (the Skiing Ninja) will be there as well.

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
« Reply #5 on: 15 Sep 2009, 01:39 am »
The Venue speakers are #1 on my list to hear as well. 

Mrs. Ninja and I will be there all three days and will be staying at the hotel. 

If anyone wants to meet up to say hi or whatever, email me and I'll give you my mobile number.

stevecuss

« Reply #6 on: 15 Sep 2009, 02:32 am »
Ninja,

hope you get some sleep and don't bump into too many amps and speakers in your room.  :D  Its amazing how they clear out all that furniture for RMAF. 

I went last year and was pretty stunned by the whole operation - it is well worth the visit and I'm grateful that it is in my backyard.  I'll be back this year with a friend and maybe our kids.  My 6 year old still sleeps in his GR Research XL t shirt that you guys gave him last year. 

look forward to catching up with some of you and meeting Danny in person - Danny, I think you were always somewhere else when we stopped by last year to hear the speakers and those killer Dodd amps...

Steve

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2009, 05:12 am »
Looks like two rooms Danny.... 8)

Marriott Tower - Level 2 ~ 2016
Marriott Tower - Level 2 ~ 2032

Danny always has an excellent well treated room (besides the good equipment)....and that counts! :beer:

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2009, 09:41 pm »

Danny always has an excellent well treated room (besides the good equipment)....and that counts! :beer:

We will have the prototypes of our new diffusor line there, too.  The Acoustic Building Block Series will be fairly extensive, but we are only going to be showing the abb1, abb2 & abb3 at the RAMF.  These are modules that are ~48" tall and ~24" wide with depths that heasure from ~ 3"-8" that do wonders for room acoustics from the midbass on up to > audibility.  You are gonna like 'em, methinks.

See you there.

Dave

HT cOz

« Reply #9 on: 15 Sep 2009, 09:50 pm »

We will have the prototypes of our new diffusor line there, too.  The Acoustic Building Block Series will be fairly extensive, but we are only going to be showing the abb1, abb2 & abb3 at the RAMF.  These are modules that are ~48" tall and ~24" wide with depths that heasure from ~ 3"-8" that do wonders for room acoustics from the midbass on up to > audibility.  You are gonna like 'em, methinks.

See you there.

Dave

We need pics and pricing!!!  aa

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #10 on: 17 Sep 2009, 07:04 am »

See you there.

Dave

We need pics and pricing!!!  aa

As soon as we work all of the details out I will get that info up, so stay tooned...... :wave:

Dave

lord dubious

« Reply #11 on: 22 Sep 2009, 10:36 am »
Hi All
How are the preparations coming along?
Cheers

Danny Richie

« Reply #12 on: 22 Sep 2009, 05:59 pm »
Everyone I know is waiting for this or that and I am as well.

Looks like I will have a pair of V-1's ready for the show though.

I'll report more and add pics as everything gets confirmed.

Fingers crossed, I might have a surprise.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: 22 Sep 2009, 07:06 pm »
Fingers crossed, I might have a surprise.

50% off V-1 kit?   :D  LMAO

just joking.  Look forward to what the suprise may be...

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #14 on: 22 Sep 2009, 08:14 pm »
Danny,
The surprise sounds interesting!

See you in a few days.   :D

HT cOz

« Reply #15 on: 22 Sep 2009, 11:51 pm »
V1 are going to rock the house. I can't wait to read the reviews.

Danny Richie

« Reply #16 on: 26 Sep 2009, 01:26 am »
Okay, here is the info that you have all been waiting for.

I am a day or two away from having these up and playing. The drivers and crossovers have actually been burning in for nearly a week. But I just got the cabinets a few days ago and they are requiring some modifications and stuff. I am having to make grills, drill all the screw holes, wiring holes, make a base for the front spikes... I also had to open up the upper driver hole for the bigger woofer.

Oh, did I say bigger woofer? Well it is not really bigger, but it is massive.

I decided to take the V-1 to the next level. I don't know if it will be the Super V or the V-Max,  :D

Basically I used the BM-12CX38 driver in the upper section of this one.

http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/images/BM-12CX38-15CXHC.pdf

This is a really well made driver all the way through. Even the tweeter has a completely Copper coated everything inside. It is a work of art.

Listening to a single unit did sound as if it will outperform the standard V-1 driver.

It is not a cheap driver though as you can see: http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/html/paudiocoax.html

But it may prove to be well worth it. The crossover is also a little more involved. So the price for this version would be $2,495.

The measured response was really smooth, and with the mods I made to the tweeter (opening up the back of it to make it a free air driver too) made the lower end roll off smoother and more extended. The crossover point is at 1kHz.

Don't ask more about how it sounds. I can only tell you more when I get this pair up and playing.

Nothing like a last minute deal like this before the show. I am also waiting for cabinets to get here from China that belongs to one of my newer clients. They arrive Monday. I then have to design the crossovers and build out the pair and have them loaded into the trailer on Tuesday because we head out Wednesday morning.

Uuuuugh...   :banghead:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: 26 Sep 2009, 01:37 am »

Oh, did I say bigger woofer? Well it is not really bigger, but it is massive.

I decided to take the V-1 to the next level. I don't know if it will be the Super V or the V-Max,  :D

Basically I used the BM-12CX38 driver in the upper section of this one.

http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/images/BM-12CX38-15CXHC.pdf

This is a really well made driver all the way through. Even the tweeter has a completely Copper coated everything inside. It is a work of art.

Listening to a single unit did sound as if it will outperform the standard V-1 driver.

It is not a cheap driver though as you can see: http://www.loudspeakersplus.com/html/paudiocoax.html

But it may prove to be well worth it. The crossover is also a little more involved. So the price for this version would be $2,495.

Danny

For those of us that are having Eargasm make us flatpacks, will the Std V-1 flatpack still work or do we need to request a new version?

Danny Richie

« Reply #18 on: 26 Sep 2009, 01:47 am »
It will take a larger driver cut out and a larger area for the crossover. He already knows all about it.

I'll be handling the flatpack orders though. I'll have him drop ship them to you, then I will charge your CC for it when it ships.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #19 on: 26 Sep 2009, 01:57 am »
It will take a larger driver cut out and a larger area for the crossover. He already knows all about it.

I'll be handling the flatpack orders though. I'll have him drop ship them to you, then I will charge your CC for it when it ships.

OK.  So put me down for one or he does he need to add to the poll.. maybe a V-1 Rev.A  that is until you finalize the name.