What is the Full Line up for RMAF?

lord dubious

Re: What is the Full Line up for RMAF?
« Reply #20 on: 26 Sep 2009, 03:56 am »
Sorry if this is hard to follow.  I remember seeing the following in another thread and I simply copied it to bring it over here.

Re: High sensitivity, open baffle, single ended lovers dream speaker...
? Reply #24 on: October 30, 2008, 05:01:38 AM ?
Quote Danny, have you tried the pricier CX38 series yet?

Danny wrote
That was the first one that came to my attention, but the response is way to rough and the Qts is way to low for it to be used in an open baffle. I'd never get the woofer to play down low enough to reach the servo subs and it wouldn't work.

So now for my message
Hi Danny
Hate to put you on the spot, but what made you change your mind?
Thanks

dvenardos

« Reply #21 on: 26 Sep 2009, 05:59 am »
 :nono: V-Max was a motorcycle made by Yamaha. :rules:  :lol:

I decided to take the V-1 to the next level. I don't know if it will be the Super V or the V-Max,  :D

Danny Richie

« Reply #22 on: 26 Sep 2009, 12:11 pm »
but what made you change your mind?

I shouldn't have trusted the manufacturers measurements. It was really a little smoother than they show. Plus, it was the tweeters response that looked pretty rough. The woofer was already really smooth. Milling the back out of the Aluminum cover on the tweeter and opening it up really smoothed out the lower end of its range and made it much easier to work with.

I was also worried about the low Qts. This gives the woofer great control of its motion, but could cause it to reach its X-Max real easily. What you can't see in the rated specs or manufacturers measurements is the woofers huge impedance rise at Fs. This really keeps the power off of it. Secondly, the sensitivity is so high that you never really drive it hard to begin with, and still reach high SPL's. Thirdly, the addition of the FMOD modules reduces the signal that reaches the woofer below its Fs. With that thing installed there is no telling how much power it can handle without loosing control.

Surprise, surprise. It works great, and sounds great.  :thumb:

Nick77

« Reply #23 on: 26 Sep 2009, 12:22 pm »
   Surprise, surprise. It works great, and sounds great.                           

Any peeking allowed for those not fortunate to attend rmaf??  :green:

nrenter

« Reply #24 on: 26 Sep 2009, 01:38 pm »
Are the FMOD modules mostly impacting the speaker's ability to reproduce lower frequencies or the amp's inability to control a speaker reproducing lower frequencies?

If it's the former, will you be integrating a high-pass into your crossover?

Danny Richie

« Reply #25 on: 26 Sep 2009, 08:36 pm »
Any peeking allowed for those not fortunate to attend rmaf?? 

Sunday or Monday.

Are the FMOD modules mostly impacting the speaker's ability to reproduce lower frequencies or the amp's inability to control a speaker reproducing lower frequencies?

It reduced the exertion of the driver so there is less compromising its movement.

If it's the former, will you be integrating a high-pass into your crossover?

I tried a big cap value in line with the woofer originally on the V-1, but it took away a little mid-range clarity. It was a pretty big cap value after all. Even by-passing it was still no match for it not being there at all. The FMOD has much less harmful effect.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #26 on: 26 Sep 2009, 08:41 pm »
I can't wait to hear the moded V-1's at RMAF!   :hyper:

Danny Richie

« Reply #27 on: 28 Sep 2009, 03:37 am »
Okay, the Super-V's are up and playing.

Oh boy, this is going to be a really good show.

I'll guarantee that this will be one of the best sounded rooms at the show and firmly believe that you won't be able to find a speaker anywhere at this show with better bass response (NONE).

I'll try to get some good pics of them in the morning and get them uploaded as soon as I can.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #28 on: 28 Sep 2009, 04:23 am »
Danny...
I'll guarantee that this will be one of the best sounded rooms at the show and firmly believe that you won't be able to find a speaker anywhere at this show with better bass response (NONE).
Can't wait to check that out Danny.... 8) :rock:

Mino Cinelu - "Oncoming Horizons"
Robert Miles - "Golden Rust"
Slumdog Soundtrack - "Jai Ho!"
Infected Mushroom - "Becoming Insane" *****

mojave

« Reply #29 on: 29 Sep 2009, 01:42 pm »
Danny, if we want to bring some of our own music to demo at RMAF, what format do you want it in for your Mac? I plan to bring a USB flash drive with some selections on it.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #30 on: 29 Sep 2009, 02:18 pm »
Danny...
Can't wait to check that out Danny.... 8) :rock:

Mino Cinelu - "Oncoming Horizons"
Robert Miles - "Golden Rust"
Slumdog Soundtrack - "Jai Ho!"
Infected Mushroom - "Becoming Insane" *****

Wait until you hear one of the selections that I'm bringing as a demo piece on the V-1s...  :drool:    Hehehehe

Dave

Danny Richie

« Reply #31 on: 29 Sep 2009, 02:52 pm »
I can't wait to hear some new music! Bring it on.

I might also mention that Ridge Street Audio is bring a few of their cables by as well. Their USB cable appears to make a pretty big difference over any others so far.