N2X vs ADAM A7

elves1111

N2X vs ADAM A7
« on: 29 Sep 2009, 01:06 am »
How do the N2X's compare to a pair of adam a7's, as far as good detailed mids with the least amount of muddiness. Want to know what one could handle the most simulataneous sounds from many different frequencies without skipping a beat.   i play analog experimental acid jazz/abstract/electronic-IDM with the occasional early raw 'floyd style acid rock riffs to deepen the mood.  So anyone have any thoughts?  How about the N2x's compared to event ASP8's?  Almost ready to make my decision..    Of course,  i will be pairing them up with at least 1 maelstrom-x 18" sub or something similiar so the lows will be covered..       

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
Re: N2X vs ADAM A7
« Reply #1 on: 29 Sep 2009, 01:32 am »

While I have not heard the N2X I pretty much would know how they would sound since I know the drivers used. I heard the Adams briefly in a pro audio shop.

My estimation would be:

-I liked the Adams. I brought in some music I recorded and they sounded extremely close to what the source was. Very detailed all throughout. Mids sounded very clean, almost aluminum woofer like. I did wonder what long term life would be with them as they are so much about detail. Would they get wearisome after a while?

Yet, if I were buying a pro monitor, the Adams would be on the top of the list, along with Event Opals, K and H 0300, and Barefoots. But these are way more pricey than the Adam A7s.

-N2X uses the exceptional BG Neo tweeter, which is much like the Adam tweeter in sound. Very detailed, open, fast, and non fatiguing. The 165 woofer I suspect would be very close in sound to the 130 woofs I have. They are fast and detailed, yet with some warmth. I suspect, and this is a guess, that the 165 would be fuller in sound than the Adams lean and mean sound.

Conclusion: both are great picks, as they will let you see into the music. The N2X may be more forgiving in the mids than the Adams, yet still very detailed. I like them both.

To hear what music I used to audition the Adams go to:
http://www.scripturesongs.com/Scripture_Songs/FREE_MUSIC_DOWNLOADS_MP3.html

The album is the 11th one down and is called "Thorns on His Head". Hey, and I even give the song away for free.  :wink:

Rocket_Ronny