My newly built Neo 2X's

Ron

My newly built Neo 2X's
« on: 14 Aug 2009, 04:31 pm »
 I just finished building another pair of Neo 2X's. This is the second pair that I have constructed over the past three months. They are finished in natural cherry with six coats of polyurethane top coat. Also,they have the mills/sonicap and No-Rez sound damping options for improved performance.Also,they have Vampire input terminal post on the back. Very pleased with how they turned out. They are really wonderful sounding speakers,very smooth and natural with excellent imaging and depth, but they do require a subwoofer for full range performance. Like all of Danny's other speaker designs,this one is a real winner. It is the type of speakers you can listen to for hours and hours and not develop listeners fatigue. The following pictures show how they look:

Danny Richie

Re: My newly built Neo 2X's
« Reply #1 on: 14 Aug 2009, 05:00 pm »
Wow, those look really good!

RogerB

« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2009, 08:55 pm »
Great job Ron!  They are beautiful as usual for your work!

Roger

Ron

« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2009, 12:10 am »
 Thanks guys for the compliment. I enjoyed building them.

Ron

newportcycle

« Reply #4 on: 15 Aug 2009, 12:30 am »
Ron those are an inspiration.  Thanks for posting. I love the grills.

Sparky14

« Reply #5 on: 26 Aug 2009, 04:56 am »
Having spent a couple of hours tonight listening to Ron's previous N2Xs...I can vouch for his work.

I have mine paired up with a nice 10" sealed sub, and the results are very impressive.

Ron

« Reply #6 on: 26 Aug 2009, 11:44 am »
 Thanks Steve. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the Neo 2X's. They should sound even better after they break in more. They do sound their best when used with a good subwoofer to extend the low end. I would think that your 10" sealed type subwoofer would be a very good match.  I am presently using my latest Neo 2X's with a 12" sealed sub and they sound very nice.

Ron

The Ninja

• Industry Participant
  • Manufacturer
    • Skiing Ninja Systems
« Reply #7 on: 27 Aug 2009, 10:41 pm »
Those look outstanding!  Will you build the cabs for my pair?  :D

dvenardos

« Reply #8 on: 27 Aug 2009, 10:54 pm »
Those look outstanding!  Will you build the cabs for my pair?  :D

Actually, he will.  :wink:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=70274.0

Ron

« Reply #9 on: 28 Aug 2009, 02:26 am »
 Yes. I am willing to build a pair of cabinets like the ones shown in the pictures. If you are interested,just send me a personal message to discuss the details.

Ron

Ron

« Reply #10 on: 21 Sep 2009, 11:55 am »
 I recently sold my newly built pair of Neo 2X speakers shown in the pictures at the beginning of this thread. Presently building another pair identical to the ones just sold. If anyone might be interested in the ones being built,just send me a message off line.

dvenardos

« Reply #11 on: 21 Sep 2009, 06:08 pm »
Ron,
If you are going to do this on a consistent basis. Why don't you put your info in this thread.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=71795.0

Don
I recently sold my newly built pair of Neo 2X speakers shown in the pictures at the beginning of this thread. Presently building another pair identical to the ones just sold. If anyone might be interested in the ones being built,just send me a message off line.

Ron

« Reply #12 on: 22 Sep 2009, 12:48 am »
Don,

After I finish the Neo 2X speakers that I am presently building I probably will not be building any more,at least for a while. Just too many other things going on in my life at the present time. I do think the thread you created is a great idea.

Ron

the7comeback7kid

« Reply #13 on: 22 Sep 2009, 04:42 pm »
Killer stuff. I have been looking at your finished pictures for about a week trying to figure out what you did to make them look so seamless. I used your method on finishing and it turned out perfect. Thanks!