Need help on listening room set up

chino

« on: 29 Dec 2003, 12:27 pm »
Hello!
I plan to set up a dedicated listening room and I need help on how to get things started esp on where/which side of the room should I place my components. Room dimension: 16 X 13 X 9 (ft) carpeted floor, a 4 X 4 (ft) window 3ft away from the sidewall (closet) and across facing the window an entrance door 4ft from the sidewall. Room treatments etc? Thanks in advance  :)

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2003, 02:55 pm »
Hey Chino, I'm going through the same process for the 3rd time  :lol: . First off, what are your Speakers? Contact your speaker designer or manufacturer. They will be able to tell you how the speakers should be positioned. That will determine which wall to place them. Also, I'm using a company called http://www.auralex.com/ Ask for Gavin. I sent them a diagram of my room. They will design to your budget. All I can say is do your research. Your room is ONE if not the MOST important part of your system. Listen to the people here on Audio Circle. They all have great ideas.

Good Luck,

Darth

chino

« Reply #2 on: 30 Dec 2003, 12:56 am »
3rd time huh? :) yeah Ive been reading the posts by ppl here about listening rooms and since Ive got a spare bedroom I thought why not give it a try. oh my speakers--Axiom M80Ti. Its says as a general rule allow 6-12ft of separation but Ive already emailed them my room size. Thanks for the link darth go blue!

Psychicanimal

« Reply #3 on: 30 Dec 2003, 03:19 am »

chino

« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2003, 03:58 am »
Thanks psychicanimal that site was very helpful. Im going to peelers tomorrow see if they carry auralex foams.