What is your best 2 picks for Buckethead sound quality?

Huck

Buckethead has a ton of albums(325 studio albums),so which one or two is your favourite for #1 sound quality?.Thanks,Huck

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: What is your best 2 picks for Buckethead sound quality?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2022, 10:20 pm »
I'm not into his shredder work, but love his smooth offerings. Colma would be #1 on my list, then either Electric Tears (smooth), Captain Eo's Voyage (tribute to Michael Jackson's work) or Population Overrride. Both of those have a little more edge. Prolific & talented musician to be sure. Good luck with the hunt.  :thumb:

Huck

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2022, 01:42 am »
I'm not into his shredder work, but love his smooth offerings. Colma would be #1 on my list, then either Electric Tears (smooth), Captain Eo's Voyage (tribute to Michael Jackson's work) or Population Overrride. Both of those have a little more edge. Prolific & talented musician to be sure. Good luck with the hunt.  :thumb:
Yeah,I don't mind a 'little shreddin',but not too much! Any more suggestions?Thanks,Huck

Huck

« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2022, 02:56 pm »

Thanks,but all those titles you quoted don't show up on Amazon Unlimited for some reason. :? Thanks,Huck

ArthurDent

« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2022, 05:58 pm »
Thanks,but all those titles you quoted don't show up on Amazon Unlimited for some reason. :? Thanks,Huck

I think if you check his website the only outlet for his work is either direct or thru Bruce Dickinson's website, except for some CDs, if memory serves. Shame it's not more accessible, you're Welcome. JD

Huck

« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2022, 06:15 pm »
I think if you check his website the only outlet for his work is either direct or thru Bruce Dickinson's website, except for some CDs, if memory serves. Shame it's not more accessible, you're Welcome. JD
Thanks...what would you say is his 'heaviest' album,what about his 'softest'?. :scratch:Thanks,Huck

ArthurDent

« Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2022, 09:38 pm »
Tough call as I don't have any of his shred work. Only have half dozen of his, those mentioned, and Electric Sea, Octave of the Holy Innocent with Michael Shrieve & Jonas Hellborg. Of those Override or Octave would tend towards 'heavy', either of the Electric offerings toward 'softest', though I think Colma is hands down the best. Those CDs and more are available at Azon, and they show they are available for streaming.  Not sure why if they're stream-able they wouldn't be on the Unlimited service, weird.   :scratch:

Huck

« Reply #7 on: 14 Sep 2022, 10:43 am »
Tough call as I don't have any of his shred work. Only have half dozen of his, those mentioned, and Electric Sea, Octave of the Holy Innocent with Michael Shrieve & Jonas Hellborg. Of those Override or Octave would tend towards 'heavy', either of the Electric offerings toward 'softest', though I think Colma is hands down the best. Those CDs and more are available at Azon, and they show they are available for streaming.  Not sure why if they're stream-able they wouldn't be on the Unlimited service, weird.   :scratch:
Thanks,but not sure I can get 'into' his sound,I just listened to a few tracks off of a couple of titles and to me,they all sound alike (I realize that's his style) and I need a break after some to listen to some thing else(another artist)....maybe I just got a few 'bad' ones?! Thanks,Huck

LedZep

« Reply #8 on: 14 Sep 2022, 12:08 pm »
I like the song “Soothsayer”. Sound quality (Apple Music) is not better or worse than other artists

ArthurDent

« Reply #9 on: 14 Sep 2022, 03:28 pm »
Thanks,but not sure I can get 'into' his sound,I just listened to a few tracks off of a couple of titles and to me,they all sound alike (I realize that's his style) and I need a break after some to listen to some thing else(another artist)....maybe I just got a few 'bad' ones?! Thanks,Huck

Agree, particularly if you checked out Electric Tears & Sea. I was somewhat disappointed with the lack of difference between those two, I think he's a better artist than that. You may have to check out his shred work to see more variety. Happy hunting.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #10 on: 14 Sep 2022, 04:08 pm »
You could also check out Monsters And Robots. Not everyone's cup of tea, but it throws a bit of everything in and a lot was co-written with Les Claypool.

Huck

« Reply #11 on: 14 Sep 2022, 09:40 pm »
Agree, particularly if you checked out Electric Tears & Sea. I was somewhat disappointed with the lack of difference between those two, I think he's a better artist than that. You may have to check out his shred work to see more variety. Happy hunting.
I use mainly Amazon Unlimited for streaming and they have maybe 70 of his (Buckethead)titles,but mostly,I would say,90% are none of the one's everyone is suggesting here,that's too bad.
I read somewhere that his "The Cuckoo Clock Of Hell" is his most 'heavy' album,but I listened to it and I didn't think so,but that's why everyone is different?!
I will keep listening and maybe his music will 'grow' on me.?  :thumb:
EDIT: Just listened to "Albino Slug",so anything heavier than this? Later Huck
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2022, 11:43 am by Huck »

Huck

« Reply #12 on: 22 Sep 2022, 06:31 pm »
How about Buckethead's 'heaviest' tracks...give me about 4 .Thanks,Huck :popcorn: