Latest Firmware update

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
Latest Firmware update
« on: 11 Jun 2022, 01:35 pm »
Anyone else having issues with S2.45 2022-05-27 ?
My SSD isn’t displaying as the full name anymore, and nothing is being populated under artist, album, etc!
The files are only accessible under the SSD tab.
I tried rebooting, reinstalling the firmware and unplugging the HD, but no change.

**Update**
Now I’m seeing the artists and albums under the correct headings (I didn’t do anything!) BUT all my saved playlists are empty and none of my favourites respond to play. ????!

**second updated**
Back to noe artist, album, genre, etc!!

WTF?
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2022, 08:39 pm by Highendfool »

abk456

Re: Latest Firmware update
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2022, 09:46 pm »
I have the same problem (I am using a NAS)

Calypte

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jun 2022, 08:02 pm »
I'm not sure that I understand the complaint.  The only oddity I've seen from this firmware update is that my Passport drive no longer displays as "Passport," but only as "M."  I have no idea how the firmware decided that "M" was the name of the drive.  On the good side, the duplicate listings in the music index that I've experienced during the past 4+ years no longer exist. 

Most of my collection is classical music (52k+ files now), with a smaller selection of pop and jazz.  When I began ripping music and downloads to the passport drive in early 2018, I had to invent my own file-naming system.  I don't know know that I had an alternative.  It's mostly worked well.  I can quickly drill down to the composer, composition, and specific recording that I want.  But I have no accurate way to find out how many recordings I have by a particular artist.

Ola_S

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2022, 10:42 am »
Highendfool> Thanks for the warning, I saw that there was a new firmware update but when reading about what changed it didn't really add anything to my BDP-3. Thank god I read your message, I have 3TB of music stored on an internal SSD, would not want anything going wrong with that one  :o

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2022, 04:19 pm »
Highendfool> Thanks for the warning, I saw that there was a new firmware update but when reading about what changed it didn't really add anything to my BDP-3. Thank god I read your message, I have 3TB of music stored on an internal SSD, would not want anything going wrong with that one  :o

Glad it helped!

Now if I could Chris@Bryston to check it out…..

Highendfool

• It is what you think.
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2022, 04:21 pm »
I'm not sure that I understand the complaint.  The only oddity I've seen from this firmware update is that my Passport drive no longer displays as "Passport," but only as "M."  I have no idea how the firmware decided that "M" was the name of the drive.  On the good side, the duplicate listings in the music index that I've experienced during the past 4+ years no longer exist. 

Most of my collection is classical music (52k+ files now), with a smaller selection of pop and jazz.  When I began ripping music and downloads to the passport drive in early 2018, I had to invent my own file-naming system.  I don't know know that I had an alternative.  It's mostly worked well.  I can quickly drill down to the composer, composition, and specific recording that I want.  But I have no accurate way to find out how many recordings I have by a particular artist.

My complaint is that I no longer have my music index, just the SSD which I can select songs from. But the album and artist (etc) divisions are blank. It's like the bryston database isn’t working anymore.
« Last Edit: 17 Jun 2022, 05:36 pm by Highendfool »

abk456

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 2022, 09:26 pm »
I don't know whether this as a result of the latest update because i rarely use artist view but now when is elect a track that way, it send me to Tidal log in. I do not have Tidal so I am not sure whether I have set something wrongly. Anybody assist?