AMR DP-777SE output impedance

Docere

AMR DP-777SE output impedance
« on: 13 Nov 2021, 05:20 am »
I’m trying to work out if my AMR DP-777SE will be able to drive and amplifier through a mild step-up transformer. I have been unable to find the output impedance for the DAC (running the standard GE tubes, of course) in the info that came with the DAC or online. Can anyone help with this?

I really like this DAC, BTW.  :D

Thanks in advance.

iFi David

• Facilitator
  • iFi audio NEO Stream is here!
    • iFi audio
Re: AMR DP-777SE output impedance
« Reply #1 on: 14 Nov 2021, 06:35 pm »
If possible, please ask our support team here: https://support.ifi-audio.com

I'm sure they should provide you this info, thanks!

Docere

« Reply #2 on: 17 Nov 2021, 08:30 pm »
I have to raise a service ticket to receive information that should be available in the product's specs?

Y'know, that kind of customer service might be okay for the high-volume part of the business. I find it a little underwhelming for higher end items, where some sense of personal service is a reasonable expectation.

No matter, I've submitted the ticket - let's see what happens.

iFi David

• Facilitator
    • iFi audio
« Reply #3 on: 18 Nov 2021, 02:54 pm »
I have to raise a service ticket to receive information that should be available in the product's specs?

Y'know, that kind of customer service might be okay for the high-volume part of the business. I find it a little underwhelming for higher end items, where some sense of personal service is a reasonable expectation.

No matter, I've submitted the ticket - let's see what happens.

This subject is a bit more complex than just one spec, our support team would like to know more about your setup and that's why I've asked you to open up a ticket :)

Docere

« Reply #4 on: 20 Nov 2021, 08:06 am »
Thanks for your help. I only need to know the output impedance of the DAC. I can calculate the impedance step-up and Miller capacitance (and derive the impedance) of the amplifier input. Maybe there is more to it?
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2021, 09:56 pm by Docere »

Docere

« Reply #5 on: 21 Nov 2021, 09:55 pm »
I received a detailed response a few days ago - quicker than expected and helpful. Thank you.

iFi David

• Facilitator
    • iFi audio
« Reply #6 on: 24 Nov 2021, 10:02 am »
I received a detailed response a few days ago - quicker than expected and helpful. Thank you.

Sure, our pleasure!