While I Wait Speakers.......

TKonrad.NOLA

While I Wait Speakers.......
« on: 16 Oct 2021, 10:35 pm »
COVID delays have changed everything.  From shutters for my new home to furniture and of course my new Song3 Encore 9.5.  I'm presently at 29% so I decided to purchase a pair of speakers to use while I wait.  Any recommendations?  Prefer something that is in stock and can ship fast.  A bookshelf that can be used in my office after my Encores arrive.  Maybe something in stock at Amazon.   Was thinking KEF LS50s.   I can also get the Dynaudio Special 40s through Amazon.  Thoughts?

I.Greyhound Fan

Re: While I Wait Speakers.......
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2021, 12:03 am »
Wow lots of choices.  The 2 that you mentioned are great.  You might want something with a front or bottom port for an office since you can put them closer to a wall.

Here are a few-

Elac Carina BS243.4  I heard these at RMAF and they have great sound. Bottom ported
Elac Unifi Reference 2 Front ported
Wharfedale Evo 2.2 Bottom ported, my son has the floor standers and they are excellent.  Has a very smooth AMT tweeter and big bass.
Monitor Audio Silver 100 rear ported, big speaker bass.

JackD

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2021, 12:49 am »
Take a look at the Golden Ear BRX as they got great reviews from Stereophile and TAS and are priced the same as the LS-50. As they use side mounted passive radiators no rear port to worry about in the Office.  Delivery from Crutchfield should only be a couple of days.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_317BRX/GoldenEar-BRX.html?tp=186

TKonrad.NOLA

« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2021, 01:02 am »
Wow lots of choices.  The 2 that you mentioned are great.  You might want something with a front or bottom port for an office since you can put them closer to a wall.

Here are a few-

Elac Carina BS243.4  I heard these at RMAF and they have great sound. Bottom ported
Elac Unifi Reference 2 Front ported
Wharfedale Evo 2.2 Bottom ported, my son has the floor standers and they are excellent.  Has a very smooth AMT tweeter and big bass.
Monitor Audio Silver 100 rear ported, big speaker bass.

Thanks for bringing up the port issue.  I did not even thing about that.