Bi-amp an NX-Treme or NX-Otica

Rock Ball

Re: Bi-amp an NX-Treme or NX-Otica
« Reply #20 on: 4 Oct 2021, 03:31 pm »
My prediction is that I will end up with a couple of types of amps that I will swap out occasionally, depending on which type of music I prefer to listen to at the time.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #21 on: 4 Oct 2021, 05:00 pm »
My prediction is that I will end up with a couple of types of amps that I will swap out occasionally, depending on which type of music I prefer to listen to at the time.

That's what I do.  First Watt amp for when I'm in a TOOL mood, push pull tube amp when I'm in a big symphony kind of mood, and a bunch of SET amps for when I'm in a jazz and acoustic kind of mood.  Works well :thumb: 

BTW, all of the amps can do everything pretty well, so if I'm using my First Watt amp and some Jazz/Acoustic comes on, it's still really satisfying.  Finding SS gear with really good tone is very hard so if/when you find one, hold on to it and never sell it....

Also, as I've gotten along further in to this hobby, I tend to hone in on speakers that are 3 ways, have self powered bass, and a high efficiency midrange that doesn't extend in to the bass too much.  I find this combo gives me the most flexibility when it comes to amp rolling.  Currently I have different types of amps, so this type of stuff is important nowadays.

mkrawcz

« Reply #22 on: 4 Oct 2021, 10:09 pm »
Finding SS gear with really good tone is very hard so if/when you find one, hold on to it and never sell it....
Cough Folsom 7293/GR-Research GK10 Cough.

cjsailer

« Reply #23 on: 4 Oct 2021, 11:29 pm »
Cough Folsom 7293/GR-Research GK10 Cough.
Well to be fair one is not available for sale yet, and the other involves going on a parts treasure hunt and then a build process.

mkrawcz

« Reply #24 on: 4 Oct 2021, 11:56 pm »
Well to be fair one is not available for sale yet, and the other involves going on a parts treasure hunt and then a build process.
A little bit of a wait or some shopping around is worth saving $50,000 plus dollars to find something that competes IMO. :D

Rock Ball

« Reply #25 on: 6 Oct 2021, 10:22 pm »
I just saw this video...
https://youtu.be/cEimLXYxIhs
(see #5)

How dumb of me to have started such a stupid topic on this forum.

Sorry about that.