Field coils

richmain

Field coils
« on: 23 Sep 2021, 02:53 pm »
Anyone else use Oleg Rullit Silver lab field coils i would be interested to hear what sort of power supply you use.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Field coils
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2021, 01:44 pm »
Anyone else use Oleg Rullit Silver lab field coils i would be interested to hear what sort of power supply you use.
Do you have the Rullit prices ?
L.Cao makes this nice 8'' coils for the Chinese market that are all about tube amps, price $1472 not expensive as it include a EL34 coil power supply.
L.CAO Field Coil

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2021, 08:26 pm »
Alot more FCs are appearing.

Expensive to build thou, so one pays a price.

Sonido would be the first i would try. The 6x9 can be had with a FC. A really good PS is needed.

dave

shooter

« Reply #3 on: 7 Nov 2021, 06:59 pm »
Rullit Silver Lab8s are not that expensive, the Aero are.
Stereophile has a write up on Rullit field coil in Semrad Audio horns at Capital Audio Fest.
Been a Rullit field coil user for 11 years.

tasar

« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2021, 08:01 pm »
Ultimate field coil the 80lb Jensen Super Giant coupled with any number of higher end 2A3, 45, 6L6 supplies, common with antique radios, for a $$ fraction. Don't think this "open baffle" sounds superb ? Think Again !!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2021, 11:32 pm »
Wow great FR driver, thanks for posting.
Very interesting cone, incredible.

versus rider

« Reply #6 on: 1 Jan 2023, 12:55 pm »
Haven’t been here for some time, came across this and yes I have silver lab 8 for past two years. Great single driver speakers.
Didn’t think I would ever change but in discussions with someone interested in aero 8 and I decided to bite the bullet and bought a pair fresh from Oleg. Been using them for a few months now and just another level up from silver lab but then there is a huge difference in price.
« Last Edit: 1 Jan 2023, 10:50 pm by versus rider »

thetakeout

« Reply #7 on: 19 Mar 2023, 08:25 pm »
Needless to say ........ These have fully captured my imagination!

Ultimate field coil the 80lb Jensen Super Giant coupled with any number of higher end 2A3, 45, 6L6 supplies, common with antique radios, for a $$ fraction. Don't think this "open baffle" sounds superb ? Think Again !!