Hi everyone, New Member Here, $1000 speaker question

DrDeez

Hi Everyone I am new to the forum but have been following Danny Richie on youtube for the past years or so. Danny did an interview with Ron on youtube and said if her had to spend $1000 on a pair of speakers he would build the x-statik over the NX-Studios. he didnt give a lot of context on what the room would be like in that decision so i was wondering based on my room is the decision would still be the same.

My Room: small/med size with more of an open concept into the kitchen that creates a lot of fun angles. I am space limited so most of the time the speakers sit within inches of the rear wall. i am assuming the NX-Studios will sound better that the x-statiks for this configuration. i do pull out the and reposition the speakers for more serious listing but it blocks the walking paths through the house.

what do you think Statik or studio or is there another $1000 speaker pair i should be considering?

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Hi everyone, New Member Here, $1000 speaker question
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2021, 05:50 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC DrDeez  :thumb: 

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2021, 05:56 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2021, 06:43 pm »
Welcome!

Wayner

« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2021, 08:00 pm »
You can get the JBL Studio 590's for 1K when they go on sale on the JBL website (free ship). I have the Studio 580s and the 530s. Pretty awesome speakers. Thank you Greg Timbers!

'ner