Greetings from Las Vegas. 2 days out from getting my amp.

serlvz

Mary said "we have been enjoying listening" to your amp. OK, my turn. :) Glad you have released it. I ordered a Vision SET 400 to power my new (to me) B&W 801s. Hoping it will clean up the lower end way better than the Denon AVR I've been using while I made my amp decision.

I've just about completely revamped my system so I'm not sure what to expect. Real good is what I'm hoping for. :) The amp is the final piece.

I no longer have analog sources. My original setup was an Oppo BDP-95 front end, feeding an Audio Research LS2MkII preamp to an AR VT100 tube amp to Infinity Prelude Composition floorstanders. Moved to almost completely different stuff. The new rig will still have the Oppo as an option, but the front end is, primarily, a laptop feeding a Denafrips R2R ladder DAC ( Pontus II ), then on to a Bryston BP-6 preamp then to the incoming AVA Vision SET 400 and then to the 801s ( with upgraded and renewed crossovers ). I'll be checking out the preamps against each other; not sure I want to let go of the hybrid Audio Research. Guess we'll see.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Greetings from Las Vegas. 2 days out from getting my amp.
« Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2021, 09:56 am »
Welcome tô AC.

Craig B

« Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2021, 11:15 am »
Welcome. From the viewpoint of an avowed 2-channel music person, I'll just say that going from the original system you described to one based on an AVR, it's no wonder you found the amplification sound quality lacking. I can't help but think you'll notice profound improvements. But that's just me, based on my experiences with the sub-$2K AVRs I've owned. Others will disagree, I'm sure.  :wink:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 25 Aug 2021, 03:21 pm »
Greetings & Welcome to AC serlvz   :thumb: