Mogami W3104 speaker cables review

jonbee

Re: Mogami W3104 speaker cables review
« Reply #20 on: 19 Sep 2021, 09:05 pm »
Great information.  Thank you.

I take it this is with the rhodium/copper bananas and the rhodium/copper spades.

I have some Furez FZ124AS laying around.  Am on the edge of my seat.

Thanks
Yes, those on the mogami. I'm starting the Furez with rhodium bananas on the amp and copper spades on the speaker.
I've got them in my second system for breaking in. I like them better than the canare in that system.

1176lucci

« Reply #21 on: 8 Jul 2023, 01:44 am »
How do you compare the Mogami to the Canare?

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #22 on: 10 Jul 2023, 03:53 pm »
If the same length and AWG, they will sound the same.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #23 on: 10 Jul 2023, 04:12 pm »
How do you compare the Mogami to the Canare?

Listen to one then the other.

charles

andycsb

« Reply #24 on: 11 Jul 2023, 05:25 am »
I've been listening to them a lot for the last week, on all types of material.
Here's how I score them:
Plusses: Best lower mid down to low bass response, depth, clarity, definition and power I've had. Aces, imo.
     Marvelous instrumental body; this is not a thin, sterile presentation, but much more like real instruments in space.
    Very good separation, depth and width; paints a very credible uniform image from top to bottom.
   No listening fatigue; I'm listening more just for the pleasure and forgetting the equipment.
Minuses: Still not quite as transparent and spatially separated as the best I've had.
   Very top end (small orchestral bells, triangles, decay of small cymbals) is still a bit recessed- it's all there, just a bit further back. However, mid-treble, like violins and such are marvelous, with superb harmonic balance. Gorgeous, no grit or grain.
So, if you don't mind spending $$$ and have a high-rez system, there are better you can find in some areas, but these are a joy to listen to even in a very high rez system, a real feat for under $200 assembled or $70 DIY, IMO.

I'm still burning in the Furez; they also sound promising. They feature mixed guage stranded OFC, 12 ga. per conductor (star quad) and foamed polyethylene dielectic. A little harder to terminate as they can't be stripped as most wires can. The dielectric must be cut and peeled away.
So far the Canare doesn't seem to to be as good as the other 2, but may need more breaking in.

Hi. I have a pair of the 3104 from Take Five which have been in storage for at least 8 years. Have a different system now and decided to take a listen to the 3104s with my current set up. Have about 50 hours in and noticed the top end “quite to very” recessed … most noticeably on cymbals and brush stokes on slow jazz instrumentals. Did you have the same experience while breaking them in? Did they get much better after break in or is it a sonic signature in your opinion?
Thanks for your help on this :)))))
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2023, 09:37 am by andycsb »

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #25 on: 12 Jul 2023, 12:20 pm »
With my Buchardt A500SEs and hub I've done away with all signal wire, just three power cords.

But I trust Mogami more than most as their the studio/concert go to brand for nearly all professionals.

Saquan

« Reply #26 on: 28 Sep 2023, 03:27 pm »
Absolutely spot on!It is a fantastic cable for the price and a mid range that surpasses all that I have heard.

giteshb

« Reply #27 on: 13 Mar 2024, 01:00 pm »
Hello . I have Bowers & Wilkins 706 s2 book shelf speakers which are bright I think  . B & W suggest bi wiring with 12 gauge wires . Do u thing Mogami 3104 will suit .

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #28 on: 18 Mar 2024, 04:02 pm »
Yep, it has four 12AWG wires.
But bi-wiring gets you nothing audible.
It's just a waste of time and money.